Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I just read one of the old comments that said if i fixed the grammar, i'd probably get more comments on it... that didnt have to do with the bad grammar. That was my thought. In all reality, the first chapter has changed a good bit from the last posting. Its not completely different but different enough.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
That's totally cool, Zoom!

...what the hell is Strange Chemistry? is it a publishing house, an agency, what?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
It's a new imprint of the independent SFF publishing house, Angry Robot. Angry Robot is a respected outfit with a presence in brick and mortar bookstores. They're normally closed to unagented writers except for their open-door periods. Think they pay advances.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
What Para said!

Now, the audiobook I'm listening too has gone from downright grim to absolutely grotesquely horrifying.

But, hey, it's about World War 1. What did we expect?!

(But yeah, the Germans just started using chlorine gas!)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say the same thing, but I already said it in an ULTRA SECRET SUPER IMPORTANT REPUTATION POINT!

Cause reps are fun.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Cool. I know that if you sell your book to a publishing house, it's best if you then get an agent to work out the contract- does the open door thing allow for that?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Cool. I know that if you sell your book to a publishing house, it's best if you then get an agent to work out the contract- does the open door thing allow for that?

Yep. I know somebody here on the forums got an offer from Angry Robot and hooked up with an agent to negotiate the details.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, awesome! If I'm not agented by then (ha... ha... agented in three months) then I'll definitely submit! Thanks!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Don't we all!?

Now, I'm thinking out the marriage rituals of the WH40K universe. That's one major thing...the fluff goes into great detail about everything EXCEPT romance, courtship, marriage, sex and procreation. The closest thing we have to references of parentage is the LACK of it, when it comes to the Schola Progenium, who takes in the orphans left behind by the endless wars fought by the Imperial Guard.

(That's a lot of orphans, so you know)

And a few references to babies being born in the mixed gender regiment as detailed in the Ciaphas Cain books, as well as one reference to a courtship between two nobles in the Enforcer series of books...

Which means, I get FREE REIGN TO LET MY IMAGINATION RUN WILD!

Bua

AHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Angry Robot opens to unagented subs March 1st and close at the end of March. :) I know because I want to submit...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've started some new lyrics! It's been ages and ages since I finished some.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Angry Robot opens to unagented subs March 1st and close at the end of March. :) I know because I want to submit...

If you want to submit, you might take a second look at the website, which says that the open-door period begins on the 16th of April. :tongue

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
If you want to submit, you might take a second look at the website, which says that the open-door period begins on the 16th of April. :tongue

[stupidity]
Whoops, haha. :) It was through March last year and I guess I just assumed it'd be the same date as last year, except a year ahead, of course. :D
[/stupidity]

:D

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
YES! As soon as I finally moved on from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2, the words are flowing MUCH FASTER NOW.

Sorry. Excited. HEHE.

:D

Good luck to those who are planning to submit to Angry Robot!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
wow i started reading into this angry robot thing... I almost died... it sounds pretty amazing... i'm just really pissed off that TAJ isnt finished yet. Could i finish it by April no doubt, but beta reading and proofreading, yeah that time limit is out of the question taken from my experience with LotF.

Man now i'm really bummed... Do they do this every year?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
They did it last year at about the same time, so I expect they'll do it next year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.