Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I got one that said "Be sure to tip the chef" I laughed my ass off and then took a picture of it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have a fair amount of agents now. I will look for more after I start querying - hopefully I will be querying CCW but we shall see what my tutor says and stuff first.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to query for the first time sometime during the summer at some point. Although i have a feeling that's not really feasible.

Well my mom promised to finish my book by the end of the week, when she is done i'm going to take what she wrote and what my one other beta wrote and edit what needs to be edit... which I already know means a new ending (which i'm going to have a lot of trouble writing since the current ending has been set in stone for like 7 years.) I at least want to finish my edits by at the latest May. Taken for granted my mom actually ever finishes it.

Then three run throughs with my special computer program then a friend for proofreading. But if all else fails i'll hopefully save up enough money over the summer to pay for a professional editor/proofreader.

Then! Onto querying. I can dream that by the end of the summer i'll be able to query, but i have a feeling it will be much much much longer of a time then that.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
So this is what I have been working on this past week.

Lily Bloor's always been a special kid. She grew up on the Upper West Side of Manhattan with money to spare and no known relatives other than her mother. All her life, she's known that she's lucky.

But now she can control water and run as fast as an Olympian, and apparently, so could her father who, it turns out, is in jail for assassinating a President. And apparently, she helped.

Furthermore, her mother now carries a gun, her best friend shoots fireballs when she's bored, and there's a top secret superhuman agency sending psychics after her everywhere she turns.

And Lily's starting to re-evaluate her definition of special.

I know, I should be doing TRL or my Sherlock story (and I still am!) but this is just... SO much fun. I don't even want it published, I just have it up on W@ttp@d and DA and it's so fun.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds so fun, Tally!

I'd like to start editing CCW, but the website the tutor's comments is on IS NOT WORKING. D:

The last SNI I came up with was something called THE MEMORY BOOK - a YA where a girl looks back at her male bff and their relationship before he died.

Also, my future husband is on telly. He's a magician, 19 and a Nerdfighter. I say no more.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's how The House was suppose to be for me. Just a fun book to write that i had been looking forward to writing for years. Then i started writing it and well... wasn't all that fun, well it was/is, I've just been doubting i can do it justice on the horror front.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It is working.

He is a Trekkie!! :D If he's a Potterhead, I'm contacting the programme.

ETA: I spoke too soon. It is not working. D:

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
HR, did you see my post about waiting for Darren outside the stage door?

Yes. I thought I typed a response but maybe I just stared at the computer screen and was unable to put my jealousy into words.

I have a fair amount of agents now. I will look for more after I start querying - hopefully I will be querying CCW but we shall see what my tutor says and stuff first.

*sniggers* Sorry. Here CCW stands for Carry Concealed Weapon.

I've started working on BB again, trying to fix the pacing problems. Once I do that, I'm going to send it to a couple betas and then hopefully start querying again.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
A nice premise Thalia, though you may want to alter "Olympian" to something like "gold-medalist." When I see the former I immediately think "Greek god/goddess."

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm about 4k in and it's really fun so far. If anyone wants to read some (which would be fab) just rep me.

That said, if anyone wants to read TRL so far that would be amazing. The only reason I finished MAAH so easily and quickly was because my best friend was reading it as I wrote it and I was PRESSURED by FRIENDSHIP.

ETA: Thanks, Madican! That's not actually the query, since I probably won't try to query it, though.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of excited to query Charlie's Christmas Wish. I don't know why, seeing as I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to do anything with it yet.

I need some general comments on it - I want to start editing it again ASAP - my tutor needs it again by Monday - so would anyone be willing to let me PM/email it to them? It's only 2.1K.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahahah! Sadly me and my boyfriend have little in common anymore. Either that or we have too much in common we've just been together to long to even realize anymore.

ETA: this was in response to Lisa's love of a guy on the TV. I need to start refreshing the thread before i start typing.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
I like fortune cookies as an unexpected communication device.

Has anyone ever tried to convince a restaurant to put a message in a fortune cookie on your behalf? It took me about 8 tries to find one that would but damn was her reaction worth it. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I couldnt help but laugh because of the deals and trades going on with stories! Hehehehehehe!

Yeah Lisa I'll give it a stab if you need someone to look over it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I couldnt help but laugh because of the deals and trades going on with stories! Hehehehehehe!

Yeah Lisa I'll give it a stab if you need someone to look over it.

OK. Shall I PM it to you or what?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I like fortune cookies as an unexpected communication device.

Has anyone ever tried to convince a restaurant to put a message in a fortune cookie on your behalf? It took me about 8 tries to find one that would but damn was her reaction worth it. :D

they actually do that? Wow i thought that was only in movies when a guy is trying to propose.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Three things have to happen before they'll agree to make a custom fortune cookie:

1) Give them enough time. I called two weeks in advance.
2) Pay them extra (my tip was about 40% for that bill).
3) Make it simple.

Oh, and ask nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.