Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little late but i'll yawn if your still up.

Just had perogies, yeah at like midnight, but its been a long day of classes, class problems, online work and working out... so my midnight dinner was rather satisfying. Although all i can think about right now are the dark chocolate cookies in my fridge... but i'm going to be good.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Madican! I dont believe we have met, i'm Ally. Do you prefer to be called anything?

YAWN. Young Adult Write Now. Its in the SYW forum, in which a group of us get together and set an amount of time to write for. At the end of the time we post a snippit of our work anywhere from 200-700 words, then we all read what everyone else posted and rep them comments on it.

Most of the time its a great way to get motivated to write more when your stuck because people usually leave really helpful and encouraging comments.

ETA: Oh just realized your not new to this sight. You might remember it being called Friday Night Writes or FNW.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, good ol' FNW. Yeah, I remember those. I'll do it if it goes on tonight. And Madican is fine. Less of a mouthful than my old name of Islaitha Frost, which was not the brightest of ideas for a semi-serious forum.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah if only i knew that when i joined I might have chose a different name too. Never thought i'd become so obsessed with this site! I though it was clever when i picked it.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone up who'd be willing to do a YAWN with a fifteen minute limit?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still up for a little while longer. I'll play a round.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, fifteen minutes starting now. See you in the thread then.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Well that was fun. I have missed this forum, don't know why I forgot about it in the first place.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah AW and the TWFTies are always fun! Hope you dont forget about it again!

Well i better be going to bed... i have to get up early. Thanks for the YAWNing! Talk to you later!

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Talk to you later. I should head to bed too, but I'm in the mood for more writing. Get some additional headway on this WIP outline.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I AM GOING TO KILL MY ESSAY.

The book I'm using was good for an intro to subcultures, but it seems difficult to find any general theories.

*maybe I shouldn't have tried to apply this to the public sector strike we had in November*

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I have this odd, odd desire to do a modern retelling of Carmilla. But why do I want my human female lead to be in a love triangle with a male vampire and a lesbian vampire? Muse, you confuse me because love triangles make me want to bash my head in. :<

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
It either turns into a threesome, a bizarre murder scene, or a particularly dysfunctional relationship. Passive aggressive silver sword through the shoulder, spaghetti with lots of garlic, replacing soil of native land in coffin with manure, etc.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to fight the urge to write it, but it would be a very dysfunctional love triangle. And I love dysfunctional things as much as I love gummy bears (which is a lot).

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
That does sound interesting, MA.

I love love triangles. I especially love it when there are two love triangles within a group of four people. ;) I guess my title, LOVE SQUARE, makes more sense as LOVE SQUARED. Because it isn't a true love square. AND square as a verb can mean "to bring into balance; settle" so love squared can mean a love that's balanced, which fits my characters trying to figure out their mixed emotions about each other lol.

ETA: Great. Just great. Now I want to work on it lol. TATTOO LOVE is slowing down sadly...

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I hope so. Right now, I'm reading LS and quite surprised I actually like it. My writing has gotten better in the last year since I wrote this, but it's still decent at least. Will have to mess around with the prose, but at least it isn't sucktastic haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.