Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, well you see the scene is like this. My MC's are taking Max's little brother Connor and Pip's little brother Matt on an adventure, because they promiced it to them 3 years ago (both 10 now)... its not really an adventure though just a (lets pretend its an adventure) and they are lying saying they are going through spy/criminal training for there adventrue later that night when My MC break into Connor and Matt's school (which they used to do all the time when they went there) Part of there "training" is to see a movie and the only one that could pass as "training materal" that was out close to that time frame (that a 10 year old could reasonably see) was Sherlock Holmes.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a fun scene to write. :D Where do you get your ideas for scenes from? Besides what you know you have to include to cover important points of course...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
well during my 5th book, Matt caught Pip and the others sneaking out at Midnight...(this was before there families knew they were freaks, and feared they were into drugs or something dangerious with all the sneaking around and cuts and bruses) so Matt refused to go back inside unless they took him with them, he was 7 at the time. So Pip promiced him when he was 10 he would take him and Connor (Max's little brother, and Matts bff)on an adventure with him.

It was just one of those cute brother bonding scenes i wrote at the time but then i realized i could use it later on. So last summer after spending some times with my nephews I was sitting at work just writing about nothing and i wrote about the day they furfilled the promise. It was just goofy writing i never expected to use, like my humorious scenes or my more slightly adult scenes and ideas, but then i realized i had a place this could fit!!!

But naturally i had to put a spin on it. You see, they take them to the mall and have fun with them, telling them to stalk people and report back with information because its "training" or to run obsitcals and then they buy them spy toys right before they drop them off at there houses telling them to be ready to sneak out at Midnight. The boys do and my MC's take them to there school to break in.

Pip- already had those little ear bud walky talkies and they get a kick out of that, and then Pip lies and says there spy toys are real and they need them to help break into the building. So Pip tells Matt and Connor to type of there little toy watch keyboard while Pip really cracks the security code and opens the door but they think they did it.

It all looks like its going to be a fun night but... someone is waiting for them inside. The Holiday Hacker, now Max, Pip and the others have to protect two little kids while trying to escape the serial killer alive.

sorry for my long rant, i'm just excited for the scene!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahaha thanks! yeah Connor and Matt are adorable and just make scenes awesome when they are in them.

Parataxis

Obsessive Plotting Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
Hurray!

I'm actually stuck on my SNI. I suddenly realized that I don't know where the villains come from or what they want to accomplish or why. It's very discouraging.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think the Harry Potter quote (as shown on a FB page) may inspire a SNI one day:

All's fair in love and war, and this is a bit of both
~ Ron Weasley

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
that sayings in my books alot, "alls fair in love and war" All the books were more on the "war" side till recently now its more for "love"

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, Indeed. There's a story in that quote. Not sure it's for me though.

I usually get my SNIs from fiction I read. Some book will have an idea that just strikes me and I steal it. Then I take elements from other thinks mix, simmer, etc. Unfortunately, this means I have to regulate the brainstorming so that it doesn't take too much away from the original.

What's happening right now is that my setting and the original shiny idea are in conflict. Which sucks. Royally.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Yay I has fanfic title finally! >w< *points at siggy*

I have no idea where my SNI's come from. Seriously. o_O; They just come to me. I don't find them. =_=; They usually come to me late and night as my mind is trying to sleep. xD

ETA - Oh wait. Music is a big SNI finder. Yes. most of my ideas come from music haha. Or the artwork I do.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I get a lot of mine from music. So if I'm reading DH or come across that quote while I'm reading, I may come up with a plot, haha. And it'll be all JK and whoever I'm listening to's fault. :p

ETA: Keagan, that happens to a lot of people.

Also, I have hit my target for today, so I'm going to have a bath and then start my review of Clockwork Angel for my blog. I shall be back later.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
sorry Taxis!

Hum... id cant say i know where my ideas come from... i guess in reality they come from how i always wished my life was like, and things i think would be totally awesome.

Music never gives me SNI, just SNS (Shiny new scenes) usually i'm the oposite way around i try and find music that fits my SNI's.

Last edited:

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could come up with SNI's all day, write the first few thousand words and be done with it. First drafting is so not my thing *rocks back and forth in dark corner*

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could outline. I wouldn't have to revise so much when I'm done. I've tried to outline before and it always ends with either all the life being sucked out of my project so I never manage to finish it or I end up deviating so much from it that I just toss the outline.

My SNIs come from literally anywhere. I have no clue where BB came from. I think I was thinking about ranches for troubled teens and then I wondered what would happen if a troubled boy fell in love with the owner's daughter and wha-la, it was born. CT came from a news article about genes.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could outline. I wouldn't have to revise so much when I'm done. I've tried to outline before and it always ends with either all the life being sucked out of my project so I never manage to finish it or I end up deviating so much from it that I just toss the outline.

I wish outlining meant you didn't have to revise so much when you're done. :tongue

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I just realized Heart of Purple Gold came from the Spongebob joke "my leg!!"

Seriously, how spongebob inspires a sad, sad story about someone who loses a leg during a war and has to cope with it the rest of his life, I will never know.

Maybe I just have an effed up mind. >_____>;

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I outline sometimes. I have a few random scene notes for Driving Nowhere, a sort of synopsis for Weeping, a bullet-point outline for Sanctuary...I had the random notes for Breathtaken as well. Honestly, I just do whatever works for that particular WIP.

My SNIs come from prettymuch anywhere too. Driving Nowhere came from a friend's dream. Sanctuary was me taking a few different things I'd been wanting to write and mashing them together to see what happened. Breathtaken was an offer to a friend...

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
I "Outline" events in my head, even when I don't take time to outline officially. It's sort of a loose flow.

ETA: Oh no, I killed it.

Last edited:

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
My characters have just informed me that The Kiss that I've been looking forward to writing literally since I found out about the couple is not going to take place until the end of the book. COME ON, GUYS.

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't work very well for details, no, but it's not bad to be able to say "Okay, she fights the weird fire and then we go to the university and then that night shit goes down and everybody dies. Then..."

It's sort of a mental list of what's happening. Then when things get too dense you start making a real outline.

ETA: Boo, No fun.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
HR, that is saddening. I would have to stab my characters if they made me move the kissing deeper into the book than it already is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.