Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what I'm going to do if I need to make my short story long enough to be a chapter book. It's 2.1K at the moment.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like I will - but I will do that after the workshopping in class (I need a new title!) and I finish Sticks and Stones.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was three!

So...because this story IS about Kes recovering the starship for the rightful heir of the rightful Captain, then being burned as a heretic (it's complicated), then being beatified as a saint, I should think of the two post-death miracles she preforms...

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, speaking of which how'd E.L.F. go? Been out of the loop a bit so I don't recall if you sold it or not.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out whether I could market my short story as something, but agents seem... vague about children's fiction.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I might try marketing it as a picture book, but I need to do research on illustraters - I suck at drawing.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I may be venturing into picture book territory.

I'm just worried it will affect my chances to be a YA author as well as a children's one.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
How many miracles does someone have to do after they die before they'll be considered a Saint?

from my 9 years of catholic schooling, I know that two equals beatified and three equals saint!

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I may be venturing into picture book territory.

I'm just worried it will affect my chances to be a YA author as well as a children's one.

Many authors write for more than one audience. Hannah Moskowitz (Break, Invincible Summer, etc) initially wrote YA but now has a few MG's coming out and one already out now. So...I don't think writing a picture book will affect your chances of being a YA author.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Gung hay fat choy!

I learned that in kindergarten today at the class I am student teaching at. :) How is everyone?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Miss, how are you?

I'm good, I'm for the first time taking an online course, and doing assignments for that. I received horrible news today but I'm not going to stress over it, actually at this point i'm so tired of the bullshit of school that I just dont have anymore "care" in me.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. Finishing up homework. :) I want to write some more today if I get time. I have about 15k left in the WIP, or maybe less. It's going to be shorter than expected, I guess. I guess I'll have to fix it up in the edits...
And that's a pretty cool cover, Missus, btw!

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Miss, how are you?

I'm good, I'm for the first time taking an online course, and doing assignments for that. I received horrible news today but I'm not going to stress over it, actually at this point i'm so tired of the bullshit of school that I just dont have anymore "care" in me.

I am doing okay. Thanks. :)

I'm sorry, Ally. If you need an ear, I'm always here!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I love plotting everything for a WIP and then putting it away. Just taking out an old idea from the summer and beginning to freshen things up.

Good thing I have about fifty more... Even though I'm only interested in about... Three. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.