Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I'm kinda bummed. L1sa D3sroch3rs had a Twitter contest for an Or1g1nal S1n ARC where we had to guess the name of the two characters in a picture. I guessed right and didn't win. She said to include the hashtag, so I did but I guess she wanted the contestants to @mention her too? Although she didn't say that...
icon_sad.gif
I did tweet her about it, but she hasn't had any new tweets, and I bet by now my tweet has moved down on her Twitter feed. Oh well...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know possible reasons as to why a wedding would be put off?

Also, I am sort of hoping DHP2 might inspire/motivate me. :D

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, the 22nd is actually the first day of cancer! XD So I'm either a cancer or something inbetween... like twin crabs

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It depends on when it falls, I think. It changes every leap year.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
A wedding could be put off due to a sickness or bad weather... It suddenly snows in the middle of july and the bride gets a cold? xD

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok... book related question, although its going to sound weird. How long does a good movie on average stay in a movie theater? Would it be unreasonable for a movie that came out in the last week of December, to still be in theaters in the first week of Feb?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Possibly. I, personally, could never figure out the pattern.

Parataxis

Obsessive Plotting Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Taxis. :)

I just went past the 17K mark! :D

Also, do you have Dropbox?

ETA: Hey, Ally. :)

ETA: I just realised I did something wrong - and I don't know how to fix it.

Sorry, I went to work.

What's a Drop box?

ETA: It depends on the Movie. During the Christmas/New years Season? It would have to be a pretty popular movie or a pretty big theater to stay that long.

Last edited:

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know possible reasons as to why a wedding would be put off?

There are so many... Family members can't make the original date so they decide to push it back to a more convenient time. They have their hearts set on one venue, but its booked solid. I have a friend who had to push her wedding back before her mother got sick and she didn't want to deal with the wedding stress on top of it.

Ok... book related question, although its going to sound weird. How long does a good movie on average stay in a movie theater? Would it be unreasonable for a movie that came out in the last week of December, to still be in theaters in the first week of Feb?

I believe so.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right, thanks, HR. I think the venue being booked full would be a good reason for this.

Damn, I love it when I find solutions to things where I don't have to change things.

ETA: Right, I'm either going to finish this scene or hit my target for today, and then have a bath.

Last edited:

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Bristol Cathedral. Team Evil (the protagonists) are about to blow a sizeable hole in it. :D

Aww, but it's so pretty! *is a Gothic architecture junkie* But still. That sounds like such fun! Huzzah for blowing things up. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Keag. I'm good... stuck at work and just got done my work but i'm good. How are you?

And thanks everyone! The movie in question would be Sherlock Holmes, that came out on Christmas of 2009, I want my characters to see it on Feb 3, 2010. The movie theater in question is very large, even has an IMAX part to it and three consession stands. Its a very large AMC attached to a mall. (neshaminy mall in Neshaminy PA to be exact)

Sherlock Holmes was big right? I remember that being a must see.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It was a very big movie.

ETA: Does anyone know if there's a way to search for playlists on the iTunes store?

Last edited:

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it, Ally. I know it was out of theatres by March or April, because my friend came up to school to visit me and we saw it then. My school has a program where they play movies that are between being in theatres and released on DVD.

Does it need to be Sherlock Holmes?

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
*is brainstorming titles for his fanfic*

I came up with one I like, but I dunno if I want a variation of it, or what. o.o; Can I get some opinions?

Sorry I can't help with the movie issue. I am not a movie person. XD I forgot Sherlock Holmes was even a movie...x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.