Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Its for a fundraiser for Alpha, the greatest ten day writer workshop ever!

When I was at Alpha, I got to meet TAMORA PIERCE, and WEN SPENCER and TIMOTHY ZHAN!

It was basically the best ever.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Choco! I can't wait till I can post that! Only 20k more words until then...
ETA: Zoom, that looks really cool. I don't exactly have money to donate, though...
ETA 2: I'll do my donating by tweeting out the link. :)
ETA 3: And it got two retweets. :D

Last edited:

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, I don't usually, either, but I am almost sure that I will end at this point and it is the point that I want to end at, too.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lisa! Doing great.

Revising! Hit 30.1K when expanding and then dropped 300 words. Shortening dialogue scenes and whatnot. Getting straight to the point. Though, I'll need to layer in descriptions eventually.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think my biggest hurdle, worries-wise is scene length. I am serious.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you worry about that so much. IMO, it's good to vary it up. Helps with pacing and all. You should think about just letting the words flow and accepting whatever length it is. Even if you think it's too long or too short, it's probably better off that way.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I think that you should just WRITE. Though, I have to follow that myself... But I am GOING TO TRY! Anyways, you can worry about that with revisions. If I'm right, half of it gets deleted, anyways. Usually.

500 words now. Or, 550-something.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Para- wow, I can't believe that. The only series that has kept me hooked was 5. I am a casual fan of the first four seasons, and a to-the-death fan of Matt Smith's doctor and Steven Moffat's writing. I loved every minute of S5 and most of 6, whereas I can't even sit through most RTD episodes. I always pegged you for a Moffat fan. Huh. To each her own.

Honestly, I'm not an enormous fan of either Moffatt or Davis. Both Ten and Eleven are great characters, but they get stuck with some truly awful episodes. Moffatt's recent Christmas special was as bad as anything Russell T Davis wrote - Planet of the Dead, for example. But there are strong episodes from time to time. I've just learned not to have high expectations. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I could do that with the rest, and then see how I go in the editing process.

Hopefully, I'm going to get some new headphones tomorrow (and maybe a book or two to add to my TBR pile) and then at the weekend, I'm going to do an allnighter until I hit 20K.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG that was so boring. I'd only watch it if I was doing an epic marathon or something.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't that it was boring, and it was more that the Doctor just randomly went totally evil in the end, and then the strong female character shot herself in the head because time "has" to go that way or some other way.

Baldercocks!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
All my mini M&M's are gone.. :(

Well, I suppose that's good. I need to stay away from the chocolate.

1k now. Writing is good. I'm really liking this idea...

... Wait for a week and I won't be working on it. :S

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
YOU WILL STILL BE WRITING IT.

I wonder if I could make this bullet point list a page long...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard of her, but never read her stuff.

Same with John Green, whose books I got shoved in my face by a fan on Saturday. Mind you, they were signed.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I would love to meet Neil Gaiman...

ETA: I might go to bed soon. We shall see.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not an enormous fan of either Moffatt or Davis. Both Ten and Eleven are great characters, but they get stuck with some truly awful episodes. Moffatt's recent Christmas special was as bad as anything Russell T Davis wrote - Planet of the Dead, for example. But there are strong episodes from time to time. I've just learned not to have high expectations. :tongue

I prefer Eleven as a character and Smith as an actor, which is part of it, as well as preferring Eleven's Companions.

I actually enjoyed the Christmas special. Fighter pilots in WW2 are extremely close to my heart.

See, my favorite Ten episodes were 'Girl In The Fireplace', 'Blink', and 'Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead', and I love the arc format of the newer series. I rarely like shows where episodes aren't connected much, because I see no reason to watch the next episode. I'm getting a bit better at it, but still.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
"Blink" was fantasic, and I loved Tennant's last episodes SO much. I think they have to be my favourites.

I am going to bed soon. I don't see the point in staying up late hoping inspiration will come to me, when I can be curled up reading The Goblet of Fire. And another book for uni, which I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while before I actually get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.