Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
:D That's always a good feeling to feel. I feel like that about this version of Suns and Stars, even if it taking me ages to write. Okay, I've been writing it since the end of May and it's now mid-June, but compared to some people, that's ages... :p

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
:D That's always a good feeling to feel. I feel like that about this version of Suns and Stars, even if it taking me ages to write. Okay, I've been writing it since the end of May and it's now mid-June, but compared to some people, that's ages... :p

I assume you're not serious about 3-4 weeks being "ages" to spend on a novel. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It may be a bit longer. Let me check my calander.

ETA: I 'officially' started on the 16th of May.

Last edited:

Parataxis

Obsessive Plotting Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
...Yeah I'm approaching 5. (Six if you count my initial world building stuff.)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to finish the first draft on or before the 3rd of August, the day before I go on holiday. :)

ETA: Going to watch CSI and then I'm going to bed. 'Night, guys. :)

Last edited:

Babbling Brooke

Squirrel!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scribblebrooke.livejournal.com
Hey, what's the summary thing on the back (or inside cover) of a book called? I thought it was just called a summary, but, when I tried to Google it, I saw where some people had called it a blurb. I'm pretty sure a blurb is the quotes on the back and/or cover from other authors have read the book.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
It goes! I iz writing. Got 225 words down so far... I plan to stay at this cafe for a while longer. I quite like their tiramisu! Very nommy. I think it's the best I've ever had! :D

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Hey Ari!

And that sounds wonderful, Karla. XD I can't wait until I get my laptop and can go outside and write. >w<;

I plan to start outlining my fanfic thingamajigger. I plan for it to be a bit of a novella I work on in my spare time, whenever I need a break from brainstorming something original. :)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Lisa, most people spend months or years on a novel. I happen to be good at writing quickly, true, but I take months on editing. It always makes itself up somehow.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I spent two years working on the first draft of Breathtaken, which is currently trunked anyway. If I finish Weeping when I want to, it will have taken a year to get a first draft. Then the editing will take who knows how long.

ETA: Okay, just got here and I have to leave for a bit to go order some books. Soooo I will talk to you guys later.

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I love AVPM so much.

"There's only one thing for me to do. I have to die... I love you all. Except you Draco, I can't f*cking stand you." -Harry

"I want Hermione Granger! and a rocket ship." - Draco

"You two, go get snacks-- oh shit we barricaded the door." -Ron

"I believe that everything has its place. Muggles have their place. Mudbloods have their place. And SO DO YOUR CLOTHES! Namely, a dresser." - Voldemort (to Quirrel)

"Severus Snape is the sexiest man I have ever met." -Dumbledore

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
AVPM <3

It is so hot here, and we don't have an air conditioner. It has been battle of the fans in my house for the past week.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
"You think killing people might make them like you, but it doesn't. It just makes people dead!" - Voldemort

"Did your turban just sneeze?" - Dumbledore

Status
Not open for further replies.