Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've got the songs from True Grit on my I-pod list right now. Not because they particularly fit what I'm writing, but because they're great songs!

Incidentally, if anyone here hasn't seen True Grit (the most recent version), they need too RIGHT NOW, if only because it has one of the most badass 14 year old girls you will ever see.

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna get a beta-ready draft by my birthday. I wanted to finish a first draft by the end of January, but I can't seem to stop myself from revising as I go right now lol. So maybe I'll just finish a decent draft by my birthday so I can send to betas.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I've got 59 days before my bday.

*cracks knuckles*

I can DO this! :D

I really really really want to start querying by Summer! I'll make it June 20, which is the Summer Solstice :D

And you know...I once got a tarot card (The Sun) for a reading about my writing. So maybe I truly will query by summer! YAY!

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you're like a machine Karla! Get it!

I always edit as I go along - if I don't get the scene precisely how I envision it, I can't move forward. This doesn't mean I don't edit it again afterwards (and find lots to edit at that). It is frustrating :S.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Haha thanks lvae! :D IDK where all this creative energy is coming from! Pretty much from the end of summer last year up until the new year, I hardly wrote! This is really awesome!

And yeah, either people write drafts all the way through or edit as you go. I'm the latter lol. And you're right about having to edit it afterwards. You always need to make it better and better :D

Night, Lisa!

ETA: Going off that tarot reading with the Sun card, there was also a card about a professional woman who will critique your work. Female agent, perhaps? :D

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ely!

Man, I've been distracted. Keep refreshing TWFT and another forum.

Must. Write!

I'll catch y'all later!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Ever just want to strangle someone you love because they are just sooooooooooooooooo annoying and uncaring and such an asshole!!!???

I am not married. It is not my responsibility to make my boyfriend all of his meals because he is too damn lazy to lift a damn finger to do anything but play video games. Now it would be different if he did the dishes afterwards but he doesnt. It would be different if he did anything i asked him too including reading any of the three books i finished and that he hasnt read because "he doesnt feel like reading right now" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him moving in is really driving me insane, it feels like he is my sibling and not my damn boyfriend.

sorry for the rant, i'm just really pissed off. What's killing me most is my mom is supporting him! "Oh he worked hard all day, make us food." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Last edited:

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Ever just want to strangle someone you love because they are just sooooooooooooooooo annoying and uncaring and such an asshole!!!???

I am not married. It is not my responsibility to make my boyfriend all of his meals because he is too damn lazy to lift a damn finger to do anything but play video games. Now it would be different if he did the dishes afterwards but he doesnt. It would be different if he did anything i asked him too including reading any of the three books i finished and that he hasnt read because "he doesnt feel like reading right now" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him moving in is really driving me insane, it feels like he is my sibling and not my damn boyfriend.

sorry for the rant, i'm just really pissed off. What's killing me most is my mom is supporting him! "Oh he worked hard all day, make us food." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

*hugs*

That sounds really frustrating. It sucks that your mom is taking his side and not yours.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, which is why he's starting to feel more like my sibling... i'm an only child i'm not used to having to share my mom's affection, but she's really not minding Will moving in because he will watch sports games with her and some of the stupid shows she watches that i dont want to watch. Now there best buds! Its bad enough we already acted like an old married couple, now were acting like brother and sister. Just arguing over the TV, what to eat, and trying to get MY mom to side with our individual side of the fight. Its just frustrating.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Awww sorry to hear about the trouble between you and your bf, Ally. (((hugs)))

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Awkward situation. I learned a lot from stupidly (my fault, didn't think) inviting my bf to live in our shared house for a few weeks. Namely that I should never live with anybody again. :tongue

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw "Contagion". It looked terrible but was actually pretty good. I liked it. Though it was scary how realistic it was because it didn't feel like a movie where you can say "that would never happen in the real world". Something like that has occured (Black Plague, *almost* the Avian Flu) and probably will again...
Anyone seen "Contagion"?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Awkward situation. I learned a lot from stupidly (my fault, didn't think) inviting my bf to live in our shared house for a few weeks. Namely that I should never live with anybody again. :tongue

Haha, it's the complete opposite for me! I like being alone sometimes, but I'm too unstable. When I'm alone for too long, I spiral into depression. Which is why moving down here has been really bad for me. :tongue

I just can't wait to have a roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.