Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I am seriously 240 words away from hitting at least 17K written today. 8033 to whatever word count I hit by 11:04 to get to 24 hours. I am freaking loopy though. Lack of sleep. Running on nothing but coffee. I have no clue how I'm feeling right now. I know I should feel happy/excited/ecstatic/whatever. But I'm just freaking loopy. Damn. Just one more page. One more page. And then I can SLEEP. I feel bad for pushing myself, but it's not like it's to much effort. I know I can make it. I just want to do it slowly. But I'm sure I'll wake up happy/excited/ecstatic/whatever tomorrow. Probably way into the afternoon. Very long day. Great end to it though! Soon!

I probably won't post again tonight. I might end up rambling about something completely random. So I'll say good night!

Thanks for all the support and congrats and whatnot!

casey - It depends on the story, but usually it's recommended to stick to one POV. The agent will read the second one when they request pages and whatnot

That's fantastic, Karla! :D

And Casey, Karla's right. For a (fairly decent) example of how some people do it, check out this one.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I pose a random question: What do you guys think of a query written in two POVs? I'm not querying, just writing this for fun. But my book is in two POVs, so I decided to write the query in two POVs. Thoughts on this tactic?

I agree with Karla but as this query is just for fun, do whatever you want. :) If you were actually writing it for querying, I would advise against it. It's best to focus on one character in the query, otherwise it can get complicated.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hey everyone, sorry i disappeared earlier, my mom suddenly got called in and we talked to the doctor for a while, then since he pretty much said she was doing great, i took her out to olive garden, (first time she left the house in 3 weeks )then i had to run a shit ton load of errand for my grandmom that took like two hours longer then they shouldn't have because she kept giving me the wrong damn paperwork! Then i came home and passed out... my damn boyfriend was suppose to wake me up, but God forbid he put down MY x-box controller long enough to get off the couch and do so!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm okay, just trying to get some writing done. I really hoped that I'd be further along in my book by now.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I sympathise! I'm still staring at the same chapter I was staring at a month ago. Sigh.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awwww I'm sorry!

Yeah another fear/problem i'm having, is the length of this book. I was shooting anywhere from 100-125K... but right now i'm at 79K and i'm still in the damn maze. I have 4 and a half more places for them to travel to and go through shit and learn stuff... Then I still have the ending... which i have a feeling will be rather lengthy. Normally i'm not one to care about length, but this book isnt my series.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. You can cut down wordcount in revisions using some fairly simple techniques. Plus, in a year's time you might look back and realise that a third of the plot isn't even necessary.

Not that this ever happened to me, and in no way did I write a 220,000-word novel that I reckon I can rewrite in no more than 80k. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
right now, I've already realize this is going to be a trilogy. I even have the next two books plan out, plot wise. So at the moment I'm trying to figure out if we need to explore all of Nesia, considering they will have plenty of time in the next two books.

There are just a lot of creatures and places I want to portray and there doesn't seem to be enough pages to do so.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hey Kai

ETA! I found the best new cereal in the world!!! Krave look it up!

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
index.png

How is this a cereal!? Its like candy! But healthy candy! Yeah you heard me something healthy that tastes like a yummy snack!

Its got all that crappy whole grain stuff that i usually stay away from at all cost because well, it tastes like i'm eating cardboard. A ton of antioxidants (from the gooey chocolate in the center) Fiber, a ton of vitamins and minerals, and its high in iron, which in my case i really need, being anemic and everything. And best part yet is its only 120 cals. Yeah with how amazing it tastes i might go over the serving size a little, but still really good.

I'm excited because i'm trying to do the "special K" diet. What people don't know is you don't just have to use "special K" to be on the diet, as long as you follow there rules you can use any cereal. I found my cereal! My alternative when i get tired of this cereal (not that i'm going too) is Lucky Charms!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
but Lucky Charms is, like, the most unhealthy cereal in existence... :tongue

Oh, and casey, I wrote MAAH in to point of views and queried in one. But there was one clear main character.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Actually its really not as it used to be. They changed the formula recently, its got whole grain more fiber and stuff. Still has those awesome sugary marshmallows i love some much though!

Still if your only really eating lucky charms all day its better then junk food.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello twifties! Long time, no see. How are all of you?

I'm revising :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Ink!

I'm good, just writing an attack of a Minotaur scene.

How are you?

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
Attack of a Minotaur! Sounds exciting. I would one day like to write a retelling of the Theseus and the Minotaur story for YA. Now that would be disturbing, haha.

I'm actually quite happy. About to finish my final revision on Fall to Pieces and realllllllllly excited to start something new :)

kairoru

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lvecrezias.tumblr.com
On the cereal thing, totally random but I love rice krispies or whatever it's called! Pour enough sugar on it that it's unhealthy and it's yummyy :D

I'm working on trying to plot one of my SNI using index cards :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Attack of a Minotaur! Sounds exciting. I would one day like to write a retelling of the Theseus and the Minotaur story for YA. Now that would be disturbing, haha.

I'm actually quite happy. About to finish my final revision on Fall to Pieces and realllllllllly excited to start something new :)

So far it is pretty exciting, they created a clever plan. There in a hedge maze and Matty hid on top of a stone hedge (its stone because of Medusa... long story) Anyway he waited with his sword while Evy standing a few yards away started with an assault of rapid arrow shooting, then as it passed to get to Evy, Matty attacked.

But semi-starving they are going to now have eat the dead Minotaur.

Although TAJ isn't the retelling of Theseus and the Minotaur, this part of the story is very close to it. That would be an awesome book though! You should write it!.

On the cereal thing, totally random but I love rice krispies or whatever it's called! Pour enough sugar on it that it's unhealthy and it's yummyy :D

I'm working on trying to plot one of my SNI using index cards :D

OH YES!!!! I dont do it with rice krispies, but i do it with mini-wheats. Well if you pour sugar on anything i'm pretty sure it would be a yummy snack!

kairoru

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lvecrezias.tumblr.com
OH YES!!!! I dont do it with rice krispies, but i do it with mini-wheats. Well if you pour sugar on anything i'm pretty sure it would be a yummy snack!

Ohhh yeah haha! I'm pretty sure my mom gets worried every time I eat cereal because I put so much sugar on it xD

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, amp -- if I did write the Theseus and the Minotaur story, I'd spend way too much time trying to work out how to write the whole bestiality bit.

I'm a cocoa pops girl, for sure. You don't even have to add sugar to that stuff. So good.

And hi kairoru, I don't think we've met before. I'm Ink/Vee. I'm an old twiftie who still likes to occasionally drop by :)

Status
Not open for further replies.