Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't need to copy and paste. It allows me to write right in the box. I can also search the web just by talking. I only even really need to touch the keyboard when I need to correct something. Everything else has voice commands.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
That... is absolutely brilliant. I didn't even know technology was so capable!

I've written about 1K now. Slow.. but steady progress!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah it's amazing right! I didn't know it was capable of it either!

my family celebrated Christmas late this year, since my mom was in the hospital.we just handed out gifts last night I also got a really cool scanner. The scanner wand that allows his scan anything. I could scanned fabric if I wanted to, hell I'm pretty sure I could scan a face. I'm really excited about that one to!

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Having worked with one of those old school scanners for two years, I can't even begin to describe how envious I am.

My family doesn't do Christmas, so the few presents I did get from non-family sources was food. Lots of food. Chocolates. Which I appreciated (and promptly ate) because chocolate is kind of a super-special-happy food group of its own.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I agree! Chocolate is the best. I actually really really want some right now. Yes, its about 7:30 am here, but i've been up since 4am so it doesnt really feel like breakfast time.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I know exactly what that feels like - but my vice is coffee. The nine months when I completely quit coffee was possibly the worst nine months of my life so far (there's probably no real correlation, but I'm blaming the lack of caffeine! And lesson learned!)

And it's almost midnight, so I guess it's a night for me. Have a great Friday!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be the same way when i was your age. (wow that makes me sound so old) but no seriously, I was. Took a year but i had myself trained to eat no more then 500cals in a week, which was just enough for me to function. Got down to 110lbs and stayed like that for a year and a half. Loved the way i looked hated the way i felt though.

I'm trying to loose all the weight i gained now, but a much more healthier way this time. If i knew back that if i stopped that routine i would gain it all back and more, i probably would have never started.

There are easier, and less painful ways to keep off weight.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
My stomach hurts. I think I drank too much coffee/shouldn't have lain down. Ughh...I can't focus on my writing like this :(

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awwww sorry Karla. Hope you feel better.

If anyone wants to Yawn or word war, i'm up for it.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm just bloated. Ughh...

I might be able to word war a bit later. Once I feel better.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Burping is making me feel slightly better. Still feel crappy. Though, I may push through the crappiness and try to write anyway...But I'll definitely be slower than normal...

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all :) Isn't this typical: The weather's nice out ,mum leaves me money, I get dressed to go out, have breakfast, and then.... decide not to go out. lol I'm so weird!

I just couldn't be bothered after all that effort lol So I put my jammies back on. Comfy :) Listening to cool music and going to attempt a writing sesh :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing with many Dragon software. wrote about 2000 words already with it!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
That's more than me. lol. I would get that software myself if I didn't feel like such an idiot talking out loud. Plus, it's expencive :/ (that's cheap talk coming from someone who regularly talks to herself. lol)
Ugh I'm tired.

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
If it was about losing weight, Ally, then I'd be perfectly healthy. I know how to lose weight properly. My body fat percentage is under 18%.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, Tally. I don't think anyone in the thread is qualified to give you support with eating disorders and food issues.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I already sent you a PM Tally. Technically I've been in "recovery" for 3 years. Its good your admitting to what our doing thats really the first step to getting better.

ETA I hate hospital, i hate that clean smell.. I'm in one now.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I hope things get better for you, Tally!

So I just wrote 700 words in 15 minutes. That's my fastest yet! I hit 11.5K. And that means I wrote 3.5K so far in my write-a-thon. 11 hours have passed since I started and I was supposed to be at a higher word count! But sleep and distractions and planning future scenes happened. BOO. But now I'm 13.5K away from my 17K goal! And I've got about 13 hours left to write! I can do this! But yeah, I planned all my big scenes using Myndology note cards, so it'll be easier for me!

Gonna start another writing session!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well i'm sitting in a hospital waiting room... I'd love to word war or YAWN!? Anybody up for it?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my God! I'm going to sound like a weirdo, but have you ever just seen a little toddler so freaking cute you kind of want to kidnap them?

There is the most adorable little boy in the waiting room. He's running around with a T-Rex toy. SOOOO CUTE!!!

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds really cute, Ally!

I'm about to do another 15 minute writing sprint. Want to go from :15 to :30?

Status
Not open for further replies.