Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Emma: I'm good. Just knackered myself out singing to Taylor Swift like a banshee gone wild :p just kidding, I'm not THAT bad... *hopes*
I'm now trying to knuckle down and at least get SOME writing done.
How are you Emma?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
They could call themselves boyfriend/girlfriend. They could call themselves each other's hook-up partner, or friend, or friend with benefits, or 'it's complicated'.

Ally, I think there are a lot of teenagers who would say that. A lot of the time, it's not true.

Depends. For example me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 and a half years, and still have never had sex. We seem to be the extreme exception to the rule.

All of my other friends in highschool and even now in college, had boyfriends that they just used as what we called "Boy Toys" for obvious reasons. Now it could just be that my friends were a bit slutty, but even if there relationship was as Lisa described, they still called them boyfriends if they were doing it on a regular basis. If it was every once and a while, it was called a "hook up" or "its complicated" sort of thing.

Also i did have a friend/coworker, who used to have a lot of Girlfriends that he would keep around for a week or two dump and then move on, who had relationships as described by Lisa with all of them. Then a few years later i bumped into him and found out he was gay. (Real shock to me, and i used to have a crush on him when i was working with him) I dont know if its common umong gay guys, but from the ones i know, they all were very big man-whores till they finally accepted there sexuality.

So it makes sense Lisa.
Hi everyone :)
How are you guys?

Hello! I'm good, how are you today?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think you may have described Isaac... O.O He's not that bad though. I think Jenny's worse. She seems to like having sex. A lot.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing Isaac's character profile. Now if only I knew...

a) the name of the fictional area the novel's set in
b) an actor who looks a lot like/could play Isaac

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I think you may have described Isaac... O.O He's not that bad though. I think Jenny's worse. She seems to like having sex. A lot.

The girl in the room next to mine freshman year of college was like that... I HATED HER! Like honestly she was a nice person to me, but I could never be in my room because her and her boyfriend would make so much damn noise that everyone in the hall could hear them. Her poor roomate had could barely ever enter the room. Finally she had enough of it and everyone voted to have her kicked out of the hall. She moved into the castle with her boyfriend and from what i heard when i visited a friend over there, they had a sex closet. I'm not joking, they found an empty closet in the castle and put sleeping bags in there.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys C:
Helped take down the christmas decorations at school, got to bring home some free... uh... garlands? What are they even called...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Jenny's the sort of person who wants to have sex with Isaac every time she sees him. (I'm not planning on doing many scenes with her, haha).

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing Isaac's character profile. Now if only I knew...

a) the name of the fictional area the novel's set in
b) an actor who looks a lot like/could play Isaac

A) just make up a name, like Settlerton, or Danslie.

B) Try here, this is where i find lookalikes for my characters... just type in short description like Brown haired boy, then you can narrow the search by selecting different age groups and ethnicities

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm using CastNet to find a picture, and once I find a picture of someone I've seen (TV, film, stage) I'll use them.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Jenny's the sort of person who wants to have sex with Isaac every time she sees him. (I'm not planning on doing many scenes with her, haha).

Oh God, Lisa. Please don't make a girl liking sex a bad thing. It's not, it's really not, and this stereotype is so horribly perpetuated. The slutty girl getting in the way of the lead couple. Please. There is nothing wrong with a girl having sex with the person she's in a relationship with, even if the relationship isn't particularly deep. She can be an antagonist, but don't make her a bad guy.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, it's not like that. Isaac likes her -- he really does -- but he dumps her in the end because of his feelings for Stephan. She doesn't get in the way or anything.

I just don't want to write about sex every couple of scenes... *shrugs*

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I imply that Tod and Jul are like that but i never write about it. Again cant do kissing scenes let alone sex scenes. Plus I made sure with the way i write the story that I NEVER have to write a sex scene, because it would be beyond weird if Ally was watching her two best friends doing it... and Ally never does have sex in the series.

Last edited:

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I'm playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth right now. What is the best way to use forensic science? To stalk people, of course :/
ETA: OH GOD THAT'S Ms. OLDBAG. Why is she a witness again, whyyyyyyyyy?!

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I will imply it most of the time.

There will be probably be a sex scene after the awkward scene... it will be awkward sex for him...

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Just don't make her out to be some sort of evil slut. Or a slut at all. Just a girl who likes a boy and likes sex.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Eh, I pretty much never write sex scenes unless it's that type of story :p

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have to take a class in fiction writing, and it says that it will challange us to write outside our comfort zone, so I'm praying i dont have to write a sex scene or something... I just cant do it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Some people freak out at that stuff. Other freak out at epically bloody murders.

Me and Mum are going out tomorrow. Museums FTW.

ETA: I just realised I'm supposed to sumbit the short story via the unihub website... not email. Gah.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Our school just started that too. Its to check for plagerism. Just a pain in the ass if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.