Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
O_O Well, both the drivers and the pedestrians seem a lot nicer here... You have a few people running across the street, but mainly when they know they'll make it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a city girl. I was born and raised here in London. I don't think I could live without the craziness of living in a city.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Habs fan. I'm obligated to hate Philly.

Ally... London, Montreal, Toronto, all these places have the same thing. The difference is that some people love the craziness. Don't disrespect that.

I don't disrespect it, if you like craziness go ahead and live there, just said i don't understand it.

When i finally get a place, i want to move out to the suburbs of PA. Near where my school is. Around here, its amazing! There are playgrounds, and bowling places and malls! People actually know and talk to there neighbors! They have backyards! Gloriously large backyards! AND THEY HAVE GARAGES!!!! ALL I WANT IS A GARAGE!!!

Yes simple things you miss out on when living in the city.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Same, same. London and New York are fantastic. I might go to school in London if I didn't hate the educational system.

ETA: ...ew. For me. City girl, hate the 'burbs, especially hate this goddam ISLAND.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
EVERYTHING.

Because there's like NOTHING. Not even SIDEWALKS. And only 55,000 people live in this country... which is made out of 3 ISLANDS. And it's TINY, and I'm STUCK HERE.

I would seriously move to the 'burbs to GET THE FUCK OUT.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a city girl too, born and raised, but now getting a taste of the suburbs... I have to say I dont want to go back! I want a large house, with a backyard and garage. All things you can not have in the city, for they are extremely rare.

I've lived in a row house with three bedrooms, one bathroom, for my whole life. My backyard is about 9"by 9" cement box. And every day after work or when i get home after 4pm I have to FIGHT and search for a parking spot for Hours... and i'm serious when i say hours. Longest standing record so far has been 3 and a half hours of driving around looking for a spot. Until i finally gave up and had to park about 11 blocks away, actually out of my neighborhood.

I'd give anything for a garage!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
City girl doesn't mean you're from the city, it means you belong to the city.

I have a garage, but it makes little difference.

I used to not have a garage, a tiny little yard shared with the neighbors, no parking, but I lived in a nice, English neighborhood so there were trees. Trees are fine, I guess.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No i know what it means. And up until last year i loved the city. Now... i need to get out! I woudnt quite call me a suburban yet though because honestly i HATE the outdoors, and the quiet creepy cricket noise still bothers me at night. Plus i still very much drive and act like a city Philadelphian. (people around here actually smile and say "Hi" when you walk past... that's just weird to me.) Although i have a feeling that parts never going to change. Guess i'm somewhere inbetween right now.

Plus, the houses are just... sooooooo much cheaper. A row house like the one I live in, in my neighborhood goes for about $400,000- $700,000, depending on the level of renovation.

Houses around here, that are up to three times the size with land attached are anywhere from $100,000-$300,000!

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I live in the beautiful green countryside, and I'm not looking forward to moving back to London. I love the silence and the cliffs and the stars.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either living in A) Nova Scotia, B) San Francisco or C) Vancouver.

:) I didn't like New York (mainly because I was tired from a 3 and a half week tour of usa and it pissed down with rain all of the trip.

So to narrow it down.... Canada. psml!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I live in the beautiful green countryside, and I'm not looking forward to moving back to London. I love the silence and the cliffs and the stars.

Stars. That one thing you just never see in the city. God do i love stars! I went out camping in VA and the stars were just breathtaking.

Being able to see real woods and fields and such, not just brick houses and weeds would be lovely

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a country girl, born and raised. I love the city but I don't think I could ever live there for an extended period of time. Too much noise and too many people.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either living in A) Nova Scotia, B) San Francisco or C) Vancouver.

:) I didn't like New York (mainly because I was tired from a 3 and a half week tour of usa and it pissed down with rain all of the trip.

So to narrow it down.... Canada. psml!

3 week trip to the US? What places did you go to?

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I think i take the stars for granted. Whenever i go to a big city, I suddenly miss them, but when I'm home, I don't even care. lol

Ally: Well on that trip I went Boston, DC, Vegas, L.A, San Francisco, New York.
My second trip was 2010 (woah, so weird saying that, and not just 'last year') was 7 (nearly 8) weeks long. Spent 3 weeks around Canada and then the rest mainly on West Coast. :) Was epic!

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Even here by my school you still cant really see stars. I didnt see a full and real sky full of starts till I was 20! In fact it was just over the summer, when i drove out to Colorado.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I like camping, but I could never live there. It's boring.

Vancouver is great, BUT promise me you won't become a Canucks fan.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hockey team right?

If i remember correctly you guys have....
the Canadians?
Maples?
and them

I'm probably wrong though. The only real sport teams i know are PA ones... and some of NY's and NJ... although NJ really doesnt have anything.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
random but this just suddenly blew my mind. Did you all know( you all probably do but i'm just very slow and obvious clearly.) that you can see everyone who is online (on this site) by looking at the bottom of the main AW page????

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
HABS. MONTREAL CANADIANS.

yeah, the maple leafs exist, but nobody talks about them.

And there's the Vancouver Canucks. #hatehatehate

The Ottawa Senators are okay.

There's loads more.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
my mom and boyfriend are big hockey lovers... well correction there Flyers lovers.

That's all i could remember from having to sit down and watch when games were on.

Took me a minute but Blackhawks... Chicago right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.