Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be having my first writing session of the night is just over 10 minutes. If I write 600 words in 30 minutes (500 is my average... I think), I should finish the scene in three sessions. Hopefully it'll be 1.5K....

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
This summer? Well, it's months away so I don't have many plans yet...
Am hopefully going away to Greece with my family on holiday for 2 weeks. So I have a learn greek guide now. I can now read,write and say hello,good-bye, how are you, the man, the girl. Yeah... I have a short attention span lol

Umm... might be doing a three day mini-media/business course for something to do at a local college - they give you money to go! I wanted to go to the young summer school at a local uni like last year (amazing weekend!) but I don't think it is running *Sobs*

And apart from that? A whole lot of lie-ins :D

I wish it was snowing here in England. Last year it was like -20 C (-4 F) and everything froze and it was all pretty. I got three weeks off because we were all snowed in. And this winter? It's been like an 'English summer'. Around 10-15C all the time, apart from today when it finally got cold for the first time in weeks.

I want snow :D

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't do fahrenheit either... I'm a celcius baby :p haha. It's been around 11 degrees over here lately.. which is a hell of a lot better than just a few weeks ago.
Summer... hoping DESPERATELY hoping to get tickets for San Diego Comic Con which is in July, but if I can't get those.. apart from being so so sad over it, will probably try for a european holiday or something.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
500 words! :D Pretty good, seeing as I cut that annoying bit yesterday and went down to 7K. :D

I got an idea for a future scene in the middle of this session. This is why it's good having the plot document open, haha.

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
I don't do fahrenheit either... I'm a celcius baby :p haha. It's been around 11 degrees over here lately.. which is a hell of a lot better than just a few weeks ago.
Summer... hoping DESPERATELY hoping to get tickets for San Diego Comic Con which is in July, but if I can't get those.. apart from being so so sad over it, will probably try for a european holiday or something.

I would LOVE to go Comic Con. Sadly, I live in England - but there was an epic Doctor Who convention thing at a museum near my house the other year.

What country do you think you'd go to? I love Greece and Belgium (Belgium mainly because of the chocolate I had there *Drools*)

I live in Northern England. I so badly wanted to go to the West End musical of Lion King but when I added up train fare to London and everything it was £500ish for us to go for one night. Totally too expensive.

So I got the Lion King:Broadway CD and am now totally obsessed :D

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I would LOVE to go Comic Con. Sadly, I live in England - but there was an epic Doctor Who convention thing at a museum near my house the other year.

What country do you think you'd go to? I love Greece and Belgium (Belgium mainly because of the chocolate I had there *Drools*)

I live in Northern England. I so badly wanted to go to the West End musical of Lion King but when I added up train fare to London and everything it was £500ish for us to go for one night. Totally too expensive.

So I got the Lion King:Broadway CD and am now totally obsessed :D

I'm in England too - see under my avatar :) I've been to SDCC twice before, and it's epic! Expensive to travel to, but really worth it!
I want to see Matt Smith SO BADLY!And the BBC are doing a 1 day convention somewhere in Wales for like £99 which is RIDICULOUS! There is another convention for only £90 for 3 days, which is better because you get autographs included, but I'm a bit stuck for cash so I might have to miss it... along with all the other conventions I'm trying to wiggle my way into this year -.-
When you say northern england, do you mean yorkshire or lancashire or somewhere like that? What's the weather like up there? My aunt lives in York and she said it's really windy. Bless her, she's 90 and still does more stuff than I do! lol

ETA: I'd kill (metaphorically, of course) to go to Greece again. i love the food!
p.s. i'm near London.... but far enough away to enjoy the stars :)

Last edited:

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in England too - see under my avatar :) I've been to SDCC twice before, and it's epic! Expensive to travel to, but really worth it!
I want to see Matt Smith SO BADLY!And the BBC are doing a 1 day convention somewhere in Wales for like £99 which is RIDICULOUS! There is another convention for only £90 for 3 days, which is better because you get autographs included, but I'm a bit stuck for cash so I might have to miss it... along with all the other conventions I'm trying to wiggle my way into this year -.-
When you say northern england, do you mean yorkshire or lancashire or somewhere like that? What's the weather like up there? My aunt lives in York and she said it's really windy. Bless her, she's 90 and still does more stuff than I do! lol

ETA: I'd kill (metaphorically, of course) to go to Greece again. i love the food!
p.s. i'm near London.... but far enough away to enjoy the stars :)

Wow! Was it good? My only experience of it is watching on youtube the driller for doctor who come out a year or two ago. A one day one for £100? I suppose it means less travel costs for you, but the 3 day one sounds better...

A lotta money goes on a mixture of books, clothes and music. In that order. Oh! And pretty notebooks and stationary. Today in Sainsburys, I bought a tin full of crackers and biscuits for £1.50 especially for the tin to keep my pictures of my characters etc in. For the same kinda thing from Paperchase like I normally get it would have been £10. And this had the added benefit of biscuits haha

I'm not too fussed on Matt Smith, probably because of the change in script writers, RTD was epic!

I think I'm norther than Yorkshire (I am so rubbish at Geography; unless it is to do with disasters). Hang on, yeah. I am about equidistant between the Scottish borders and York. York is one of my favourite cities though, I love it - especially all the pretty buildings. When I was about nine, I was a total history nerd. And I remember going to York and I had memorised one of the exhibition's tapes because I had been there like three times :D

I'm quite lucky I guess with where I live, right next to a city, but not too far from the countryside. Yay! :D

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
Where in Greece did you go? I've been to Zaknythos and Crete; Crete was my favourite. Hoping to go to Rhodes or Kos soon - I love the sound of Rhodes from the guidebooks.

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could go to the U.S :)
Or visit the National History Mueseum in London again haha

How are you all?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Karla. *goes back to staring at document for the rest of the session*

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys! Can't stay here long - I'm meant to already be gone by now. But I'm going on my own timetable today, which is probably why I'm so lazy.

Go Lisa! Write that 8k!

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
My plan is to do the Pomodoro technique for writing right now. The norm is to do something for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break before doing it again. I'm gonna do it in 15 minutes though. I figure that'll be better for me because of my attention span lol

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
What's the pomodoro tech - is it simply write for a short length of time and then stop? I like that idea; might try it tomorrow.

I'm off to bed, goodnight everyone :)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm norther than Yorkshire (I am so rubbish at Geography; unless it is to do with disasters). Hang on, yeah. I am about equidistant between the Scottish borders and York. York is one of my favourite cities though, I love it - especially all the pretty buildings. When I was about nine, I was a total history nerd. And I remember going to York and I had memorised one of the exhibition's tapes because I had been there like three times :D

I'm quite lucky I guess with where I live, right next to a city, but not too far from the countryside. Yay! :D

So... that could be either Newcastle or Teeside. Which to be fair, is kinda the same thing, except Teeside is further south. Never mind. ahha.
I love York. I spent most of my child hood in Yorkshire cos my mum was born there/my nan lived there, so had to visit all the freaking time! lol Don't go there so much anymore though not since she died. sad times.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I nearly went to university in Durham, but quailed at the extreme northernness of it. I'm pretty sure it's actually north of the Arctic Circle. :tongue (It was snowing when I went there. All it needed was some Norse gods.)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I nearly went to university in Durham, but quailed at the extreme northernness of it. I'm pretty sure it's actually north of the Arctic Circle. :tongue (It was snowing when I went there. All it needed was some Norse gods.)

I swear it's nearly always snowing somewhere up north! lol

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea where any of these places are.

*draws a little map of the UK*

My family lives on the southwest coast.

Durham is on the northeast coast.

350 miles, 7+ hours on the train, £150 a shot.

I went to a southern university instead. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.