Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
The one real downside to this being the last week of break: my least favorite roommate is going to be the first back. She's coming back tonight. Why is she coming back an entire week before school starts again? :(

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh hi Emma! Welcome, not interrupting at all! Always nice to see a new face.

So the welcoming questions

1) How old are you
2) What do you write
3) What would you liked to be called? (I'm assuming Emma?)

Hi, I'm 15 (my birthday is in about two weeks :D); I write YA. Usually I write paranormal/supernatural but I am veering away from the vampires etc and at the min my WIP is a half ghost story-half romance :)

Yep, call me Emma lol

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
Morning :)
I am so tired. Didn't realise how much staying up until one and not getting out of bed till eleven would mess up my sleep cycle. Going to bed at 11.30 was a struggle and I am so tired haha

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lisa. ...I think there's a possibility you may be alone in the thread for a bit, 'cause I'm going to go crash now (it's 6am here, and I have yet to sleep :tongue).

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Slowly. I'm not used to waking up about 12 and it almost killed me. lol the stupid rain outside was annoying me :mad: and then someone started revving their engine with their noisy as f**k exhaust -.- so yeah...
But hoping to get some writing done today, either WIP will do. Yes, I have 2 on the go. Wow, go me! :p

emmawhy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)
You have to write an essay about fiction? *jealous*
My essays are usually about things like the 1920s and stuff. I don't really have to write essays - except in the exams which sucks lol
Although history class did give me half of the idea for my WIP :D

Anyone doing any writing atm?

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
The 1920s is a really good era. However, I am a 1940s gal myself.

I just replied to a stereotype thread in YA forum. I have five of them in my story. Is it really that bad comparing a black character's skin to food and beverages? I mean my boyfriend is white and one night we were watching Maury and he looked to me and said, "Your skin reminds me of a dark mocha with swirls of caramel." And I was like, "Awesome. Now I am hungry."

Also is it really that bad if one of your MC's parents are dead or single? Granted, there has been a rise of this particular trope in YA. My MC and her twin's mother died from childbirth. Maybe I should change this though. Hm.

BTW, good morning, everyone!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Emma, nice to meet you :) Yeah I'm, well... i was, writing. I keep taking random breaks. I get distracted easily. lol

ETA: hey Missus :)

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Allaboutwords! Question, is there a shorter name I can call you by? lol :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm watching TV as well.

Later on, I'm going to read and attempt to start editing a novel exercept for uni... There's too much converstation according to the people who critted it in class.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone and welcome, Emma! c:
In my biggest story, pretty much everyone only has one of their parents left... But I figured a plot-important reason for that, so I have an excuse!

I'm trying to figure out what to color a drawing I just finished inking, but I can't figure it out ): I'm going to color it traditionally, but I scanned it and am trying out color combinations on photoshop, but nothing seems to work(wish I'd at least find my tablet pen...).

ETA: Oh god, I hate essays... We usually have to write them during class though, and about things like 'is there goodness in every person?'.
...I also have no idea what happened in 1920 in america... Just what happened in Lithuania.

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, Kat! Hi, Lisa. Hi, Ivi.

Maybe I should just keep that their mother died at childbirth and their father remarried, so at least he won't be single. Originally, he had a girlfriend in the plot outline but I should probably bump her up to wifey.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've changed things slightly with my plotting. I just have a Word document with a list of scenes. In future, I'll probably just do a list of key scenes to start me off before I write, and maybe some others. Knowing me, I'll do it as I do the soundtrack (they compliment each other).

TBH, I got the impression you're not a plotter.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, guys, I was wondering whether this would be legal... It sounds fine, but you never know. Ethan's mom died when he was 5 or so, then some time later, his father remarried. Then they got divorced. Would it be logical if the court decided that Ethan should live with his step-mom? His father and his step-mom were married for, uh... 6-8 years?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Maybe you should check out the laws of where your novel's set?

Status
Not open for further replies.