Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
haha Karla! I was contemplating emailing one of the mods to change my name, and even wrote the message - but never pressed send. It's okay, Ally :p

I'll change it when I figure out what I want my online alias to be. Still haven't figured it out yet...

Damn this breakthrough thing is harder to write than I thought. *heads down*

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
i was thinking of changing mine to Ally M. but i still like amlptj, just for the meaning behind it.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
im glad you cleared this up because i kept getting Ivi and Lvae mixed up

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Lvae is just a random combination of letters at this point. Sorry guys - just keep using it until I finally settle on an alias!

I LOVE Once Upon a Time. The Evil Queen's outfits are to die for. What does amlptj mean, btw?

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Once Upon A Time. It's an ABC show where fairy tale characters with no memories of their true selves are trapped in our world with a curse preventing them from finding their happy endings.

It's better than it sounds.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
hahahah sorry Ely, I still have homework myself. What kind is it?

And its ok Ivae, shit happens.

AP Physics, AP Calc, and I think have psychology homework too. Haha, I should've started it at the start of break...but what's the point of being on vacation if you have to do homework too?

I go back on Tuesday, so hopefully I can finish it all by then.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
SPOILER!!!:
No the last eposide i saw when you find out the Evil queen KNOWS all about the other "universe" just made my jaw drop! I really thought she didnt think it was real either, but no SHE KNOWS!!!! And poor Graham!!!

But yeah i love that show.

Yours is just random letters too? Hehehe I'm not the only one! Although mine are the first initial of all my MC's

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
AP Physics, AP Calc, and I think have psychology homework too. Haha, I should've started it at the start of break...but what's the point of being on vacation if you have to do homework too?

I go back on Tuesday, so hopefully I can finish it all by then.

I'd offer help but math and me dont get along. My brain cant comprehend math past 4th grade (no lie i got tested). I passed calc and physics but with poor grades. Wouldnt be much help sorry. Wish i could help!

Once Upon A Time. It's an ABC show where fairy tale characters with no memories of their true selves are trapped in our world with a curse preventing them from finding their happy endings.

It's better than it sounds.

Oops sorry, no i know what it is, i mean what did you hear about it? When does it come back on?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Next episode is Sunday.

There's a marathon on right now, the Huntsman episode is on so it's almost over. I'm getting my parents to watch it and they are hooked.

I loved, loved, loved the first episode of Once Upon A Time. When Charming took Emma away, I sobbed like a baby.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ally, you should know by now that I am an indecisive writer lmao

I'm the same exact way! I start a novel, get really into it for 15k words then all of a sudden have a much better idea and pursue that. :D Haha.

And thanks guys. I'm pretty pumped. :)

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Jamie Dornan is so good looking. *swoons*
I think the second episode won me over more than the first. I found the first episode decent, but nothing particularly special. A good measure of whether you'd like this show is if you like Enchanted. The quality of the sets/costumes/story is very similar.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'd say the second one won me over more too. Hell Henry won me over because he just so freaking cute and witty.

If my series become movies before that kid turns 14, he's my Max!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok I've not asked this question because i dont want to look like an idiot. but you know i really really want to learn this.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DOUBLE QUOTE PEOPLE!????????

I've tried figureing it out myself but failed...its been 2 and a half years and i still dont know how to do it.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hit the quotation mark on the bottom right for every post you want to quote. And then either hit "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page or "Quote" under the last post you want to quote.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hit the quotation mark on the bottom right for every post you want to quote. And then either hit "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page or "Quote" under the last post you want to quote.

Ok I've not asked this question because i dont want to look like an idiot. but you know i really really want to learn this.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DOUBLE QUOTE PEOPLE!????????

I've tried figureing it out myself but failed...its been 2 and a half years and i still dont know how to do it.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I DID IT!!! Thanks Karla!!!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm the same exact way! I start a novel, get really into it for 15k words then all of a sudden have a much better idea and pursue that. :D Haha.

And thanks guys. I'm pretty pumped. :)

Now i guess this question mainly goes out to Myst and Karla, but if others jump around from book to book jump on in.

Now just wondering... when you say you suddenly get stuck and then move on, how often does this happen. And why do you stop with the one your on? Is it that you dont know where the rest of the story is going or is it because you like your new idea better, or both?

Not putting anyone down in any way just curious because i think this is happening to me now.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Must now start writing with no distractions. Night guys! (Or good afternoon... or good morning, depending on your time zone! :D)

And... will answer your question first, Ally, because it's highly relevant to me right now.

I usually stop when the story is no longer going in a direction I like. In the past month, I've stopped and started and stopped and started, because whenever I stopped, I'd try something different, then go back and realise I liked the old way better. This has been going on repeatedly. In my current WiP, I decided to start from scratch, but 5K in, I turned back to my 45K WiP.

Most often, it's because I have too many ideas, and I want to cram them all in one novel but it just doesn't work. IMO, the ideal situation is to have an idea, outline it, then write for days straight so you don't get distracted by bright shiny new bunnies. Alternatively - the path I'm on now - you keep back and froing until you finally reach the point where you realise you just have to stick to the old path.

There's method in the madness... I think.

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I get stuck because I don't know where it's going or something feels off with where I want it to go or what I just wrote. Then I move on. This happens at least once a month on average.

ETA: Good night, lvae!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Now i guess this question mainly goes out to Myst and Karla, but if others jump around from book to book jump on in.

Now just wondering... when you say you suddenly get stuck and then move on, how often does this happen. And why do you stop with the one your on? Is it that you dont know where the rest of the story is going or is it because you like your new idea better, or both?

Not putting anyone down in any way just curious because i think this is happening to me now.

It happens with me all the time though very rarely after I hit 10k. Most of the time I just lose interest or I don't have a direction to move in or I get another idea that appeals to me more. It's not uncommon for me to start two or three WIPs within a week of each other when I'm looking for a new project. After a week or two of switching between them, I usually settle on the one that interests me the most.

There was one time when I stopped working on a WIP that was about 30k. The main problem with that one was I knew that I was going to have so much to fix that I figured it would be easier just to switch projects for awhile and then come back and rewrite it with a new perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.