Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually at a part where I finally get to introduce the main character's son! He walks in at a bad moment xD
...Really, this story is as close to being a slash fanfiction as possible, if you remove the 'fan' bit :/

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, Lisa, why would I do that? Outlines are just to help me. It's my characters who tell me what's going to happen, and sometimes, they go a little off-script. That's what writing is!

And everyone gets a bout of writer's block sometimes. The trick is to just know you can fix it and keep writing through it.

ETA: So, posting at :00?

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, Lisa, why would I do that? Outlines are just to help me. It's my characters who tell me what's going to happen, and sometimes, they go a little off-script. That's what writing is?

And everyone gets a bout of writer's block sometimes. The trick is to just know you can fix it and keep writing through it.

ETA: So, posting at :00?

That is why I prefer the flexible methods.

For example, originally, Isaac was going to be a gay new boy at Stephan. Obviously, that changed dramatically.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
...I forgot what YAWN was, but as far as I can remember, I can't really participate in it anyways(kind of hard to post scribbly storyboards and expect everyone to understand my handwriting).

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I need powers for my superheroes' arch-nemesis.

My hero is a speedster.

Though, uh, to be honest, they're not really nemesis. It's a marketing ploy by Hasbro and D.C, who hired them both to promote their new comic book line (Team Teen Extreme). Outside of work, they're actually pretty good friends. But in costume, they must FIGHT!

...staged fights, filmed and put on S! for the entertainment of the masses.

The REAL nemesis is...more a crushing sense of ennui and disassociation as our hero finds that being a superhero means more lawsuits and marketing decisions than actual heroics, which themselves are unconstitutional and impractical.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I need powers for my superheroes' arch-nemesis.

My hero is a speedster.

Though, uh, to be honest, they're not really nemesis. It's a marketing ploy by Hasbro and D.C, who hired them both to promote their new comic book line (Team Teen Extreme). Outside of work, they're actually pretty good friends. But in costume, they must FIGHT!

...staged fights, filmed and put on S! for the entertainment of the masses.

The REAL nemesis is...more a crushing sense of ennui and disassociation as our hero finds that being a superhero means more lawsuits and marketing decisions than actual heroics, which themselves are unconstitutional and impractical.

The commercialization of superheroes makes me think of Tiger & Bunny(which is an anime) xD I don't know much about superheroes though, so I can't recommend anything, sorry.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I HAVE FINISHED THE SHORT STORY. :D

I am scared of...

a) editing it (LOADS need to be cut for the purpose of word count)
b) putting it on SYW.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Well, in my story, supers have four main choices

1) Become actors (Super-pretty and hologrpahic supers can play anything)
2) Become corporate (either as researchers, operatives, or PR flacks)
3) Become government (Super-powered soldiers cost less than a wing of jets and are twice as effective)
4) Become mercenaries (Novas, super-powered mercenaries, make absurd amounts of money by fighting in Africa, Eastern Europe, South America, Mexico)

Our hero doesn't want to work for the government, doesn't want to fight in bushfire wars, and can't act to save his life...and the Hasbro/DC contract DOES pay an eight figure salary.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
It's refreshing to see such a rational approach to supers c: In Tiger & Bunny, the superheroes are filmed by live tv while they fight crime and are awarded points for stuff like saving a person, catching a criminal, etc. Then it's all put together into a tv show for the masses to watch. The superhero with the most points is the most popular one of course, and everyone wants to place their companies' name on his costume(imagine those race car stickers.... it's sort of similar). So it's not much about actually saving people, but rather about doing things that will gain you more points and raise your popularity.

RaePot

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Lisa! Finishing is an awesome feeling, that wonderful glow of accomplishment you feel while you forget there's still more work you have to do haha.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should wait until tomorrow to put it in SYW. What I really want is advice on cutting it down. I'm not confident with short stories.

Sherlock is on. :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
God, I love my dressing gown/hoodie thing.

They need to hurry up and put that progamme on over here.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I'm watching the animated part of the Deathly Hallows part 1 8D It looks awesome! I'm so glad they chose to use animation for the fairy tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.