Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I hardly go out. I'm pale. But I'm queasy with blood, so I guess Vampirism is out of the question. lol

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I just added a bunch of agents to my query list. Now I start looking into non-AAR agents.

Still can't believe there was another earthquake in Japan.

ETA: I'm fifteen, and I pass for a uni student.

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I hardly tan even if I DO go out in the sun... I even get sunburn rarer than most people do! On the other hand, my little brother turns milk chocolate-colored during the summer...
I usually try to prove that I'm not a vampire by showing people the slight difference in color between my lower arms and my legs, which stay covered because I've lost my shorts somewhere.

EDIT: Actually, I wonder whether I'd seem older if I was a guy? People say I look a lot like my brothers, and people often think that I'm younger than my little brother, who is 14. (Of course, his 1.80m height adds a lot to that, but I'm not short either...)

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I hardly tan even if I DO go out in the sun... I even get sunburn rarer than most people do! On the other hand, my little brother turns milk chocolate-colored during the summer...
I usually try to prove that I'm not a vampire by showing people the slight difference in color between my lower arms and my legs, which stay covered because I've lost my shorts somewhere.

I could sunbathe in hot temperatures for hours and I either sunburn and peel or go a bit brown but then of course the UK doesn't exactly get much sun, so the brown fades to white pretty fast. lol No one usually believes i've been on holiday since I never tan -.-

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
The worst part about it though, is that even though I look REALLY young, I'm just past 1.45 (whether that's inches or what, i don't know) which is the max height for childrens prices in restaurants. It sucks! I'm 4.10 and the max height is like 4.8. So close but so damned far! lol

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
1.45 seems to be in meters... 5 feet is 1.5 meters, I think. I'm 1.72 m, or around 5'8. You're basically a foot shorter than me C:

EDIT: I was watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on TV yesterday, and when the Moodeye(I think that was what he was called?) impersonator turned back into himself, I thought he reminded me of someone... And then I suddenly realized - it was David Tennant!

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
You guys, I live on a Caribbean island and I don't tan at all. I'm half a foundation color darker and I go to school OUTDOORS.

Well not entirely outdoors, but partly.

My saving grace is that I've died my hair blonde. When it was super dark my palor was even more prominent.

Oh, and I'm 5'7", which is 1.70.

RaePot

Registered
Reaction score
Haha: sad truth, I use ivory foundation to tan my skin. I'm pretty short too, about 5'3 (and a half), but fortuitously I'm in proportion, so not stumpy or anything like that.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
1.45 seems to be in meters... 5 feet is 1.5 meters, I think. I'm 1.72 m, or around 5'8. You're basically a foot shorter than me C:

EDIT: I was watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on TV yesterday, and when the Moodeye(I think that was what he was called?) impersonator turned back into himself, I thought he reminded me of someone... And then I suddenly realized - it was David Tennant!

Mad-eye moody :p And yes, I'm tiny. Worst part is, i'm never going to grow anymore. I'm stuck looking like a hobbit for the rest of my life. Maybe I should go live in the Shire. :p

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
I was rather sad when I realized I wasn't going to grow anymore, too :( It's strange having a shoe size that stays the same...

About Moody - I read all of the books in Lithuanian, so I don't know most of the english names. Hermione's last name was 'annoying' :/ And Malfoy was 'stinky', apparently.

Last edited:

RaePot

Registered
Reaction score
My shoe size has pretty much stayed the same since I was 12, though I've grown quite a bit more since then. Its quite large for my height, so I'm always hoping I'll get a second spurt. Until then, I've become very adept in killer heels.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Tally: I always knew you were prettier than me.

I have a baby face, so I look about 16, and I'm 5"3

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ely.

I think I may need to get my Kindle so I can check out the block busters in Nail Your Novel. I'm stuck again.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Ely :)

My shoe size is a 6/6.5 so quite big for my height. And according to our bathroom scales, I've lost half a stone. I'm staring at it like "WTH? I have not! If you knew what I'd been eating, you wouldn't be saying this, scales!" lol

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry, Ely :(
I've tried wearing heels, but the I ended up in hospital once because of them, so I can't wear them. They can't handle my weight or my bone structure :S lol

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Oh I'm sorry, Ely :(
I've tried wearing heels, but the I ended up in hospital once because of them, so I can't wear them. They can't handle my weight or my bone structure :S lol

Haha. It's okay.

And I'm scared of heels. I've tried them on before but I can't walk in them (almost fell over once), and they are really uncomfortable. They're cute and all...but I don't see how people can wear them.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE HEELS SO MUCH IT'S PROBABLY UNHEALTHY.

BUT I LOVE WEDGES MORE.

I CAN RUN UP AND DOWN STAIRS IN A DRESS WITH NO RAILINGS IN WEDGES.

I'm a size 7.5/8

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm wearing heels, I prefer them to be boots. I think my limit on heels is about three inches. It also depends on the width of the heel rather than just the height. Those ones that are like a half-inch wide...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, random question: How often should a subplot come up?

I keep trying to do two scenes in my chapter summaries and so far most of them have one scene that involves the subplots.

Here's a sample:

CHAPTER ONE: STEPHAN

It’s his first day of sixth form and he is dreading it. Throughout the day he has to cope with loads of crap from Isaac and his friends, Gareth and Kyle. When he gets home, he finds out that his grandma is coming to stay that weekend – he panics because she doesn’t know about his sexuality.

CHAPTER TWO: ISAAC

It is the next day. In English Literature, he finds out that he’s going to have to work with Stephan on their project – he is frustrated, and even more so when Gareth and Kyle tease him. That afternoon, he and Stephan take ages to come to an agreement about their project – especially the proposal.

CHAPTER THREE: STEPHAN

Over dinner that weekend, Grace blurts out that Stephan is gay. Shocked, their grandma leaves and Stephan and his parents have an argument about whether or not he is going through a phase. After school on Monday, he spends time with Rachel.

CHAPTER FOUR: ISAAC

It is after school on Wednesday. He is at his girlfriend Jenny’s house. They have sex and then talk about school. Jenny reveals that she would love to have his children. Isaac promises her that the next time they have sex, he won’t use a condom. When he gets home later that evening, Isaac’s dad has a rant about some gay men that were in the club that weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.