Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I have always wondered how you would kill a main character if the story is written in first person. Third person is understandable but hmm...

First person character watches other MC die. First person character cant die though. Then... well then you would need a new first person.

Actually debeting how i'm going to write the last book in my series based on a similar concept. All the MC's have to split up and kill different people states away. But they cant use cellphone or any form of technology to communicate with each other because the FRP will find them

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand how you would kill the narrator, unless the book ended with their death.

Hang on. I'm going to take a look at some of my old writing.

Ugh, found this from Grade 6. Ew.

I'm reading over this thinking to myself, "What the hell is a Gorgona?"

Was wondering the same thing but overall not horrible writing.... now your giving me the urge to go find mine. Although it would be way less impressive.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
She doesn't die tho. That was the prologue or something.

I had this enormous universe planned out as a child. TRL was part of it too.

Shit now I wanna write it.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
see I was born without an inside editor so i guess i'm lucky when it comes to not nit-picking at myself until i need too.

And What do you guys think of this concept.

You have the first person narrative from one character for a whole 12 books. Then in the 13th book, the last one because they all have to split up and do some death defying stuff on there own the first person narration bounces to other characters for the first time in the series. Think that sounds weird?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
She doesn't die tho. That was the prologue or something.

I had this enormous universe planned out as a child. TRL was part of it too.

Shit now I wanna write it.

Good to know i wasnt the only child like that. Only mine was just a secret race within the real world.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
That would be fine, IMO.

Oh, no, they're all in the real world, but not. It's... very... strangely hugely planned out somewhere. I think there are seven dimensions and the ultimate heroine has no soul or magical essence or something... I'll write it someday. :tongue

ETA: And I originally wrote Hailey from TRL as a self-insert. She stopped being one when I made her a sociopath about a year ago and I was like "Shit, I hate this bitch. I have to make her likable again."

Although, a lot of my bff's stories have an insert of me. She's like: "By the way, oh friend, the Tally in my book is a crazy bitch. But she's cool. Also she's not the most powerful. And her life sucks. But she's a lot like you."

And I'm like: "Well that's 'cause I'm a crazy bitch."

And she's like: "Well, I was going to be nicer about it, but yes."

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
so i dug up my old hand written first copy of my book way back when...

I thought this was funny.
"I'm sick of running i'm going to fight and save our asses. You can hide but i'm not so are you with me or not" I demanded

"Your serious" Pip whimpered

"Yes and I have a plan" I said grinning. Without asking i drove to our club. I didnt know what we would find when we got back. I burst through the door and sat on the computer. By the time everyone was in the room i had set up a map and printed out 5 copies. I handed them out even to Fuzzy. My plan was to set up traps all over and put up video cameras near then to monitor there habits. We would also gt deadly supplies like guns. THIS WAS WAR!

We set traps near our houses and within a one mile radius of our club and we found a hunting store and broke into it and took a few guns... ok a lot of guns... ok all the guns, and all the ammunition. I watched alot of horror movies and you can never be to safe. I drove back to the club with the 50 guns in the back. Fuzzy was still back at the club setting up more traps. We had to be careful not to set one off and kill ourselves.

Stopping there because the rest is too insane. What i still don't understand is if they had 50 guns what the hell happened to them later in the book when they were needed!?

hehehehe oh if only i wrote it how everything was really spelled and wrote, then i best you guys would never be able to understand it.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Wait...what did they need all those guns for?

Haha and I find it funny that you have a character named Fuzzy.

A race of deadly cunning and shape-shifting creatures called The Monsters were out to get them. They were the only ones alive on earth... or at least awake.

Fuzzy was what we called a Fuzzywuzzy. He was a small creature about the size of a soccer ball, with fur that stuck out like he put his finger in an electrical outlet. He's got blood red eyes and a mouth full of three rows of nettle like little teeth. He only has holes for ears and has a poisonous bit to humans, he can also walk on walls.

Most Fuzzywuzzy Really named Puffbons, are are coal black but Fuzzy was an albino and was trained in a special experiment how to talk because there vocal cords and intellect level was close to a small child.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my god I'm fucking dying. I'm going to bed and all of a sudden all of MAAh and the other two books fell into place, everything. My subconscious was leaving clues in my writing and now it all fits together. I just had a paradigm shift.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my god I'm fucking dying. I'm going to bed and all of a sudden all of MAAh and the other two books fell into place, everything. My subconscious was leaving clues in my writing and now it all fits together. I just had a paradigm shift.

Gotta love it when that happens. :D I've been trying to figure out the basis for CT2 and CT3 for months and a couple days ago I figured out enough that I was able to write rough summaries for both.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Blood red eyes and three sets of teeth? o_O

Fuzzy sounded like a cute name, but he seems really scary.

He's extremely awesome and sweet and just the cutest little thing ever... the other ones evil little demons. Can also make you go temporary deaf with there screams.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
i'm so tired but going to force myself to stay up and write. I need to get more words down. Like alot more words... kind of wish i had more coffee...

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon/morning aliens :p rawr. HAHA.
I received my long awaited taylor swift dvd/cd of speak now tour, and I'm very disappointed. Every song has some sort of auto tune/pitching help on it, and it takes away all the goodness of her singing. So to cheer me up, I'm listening to the studio album, which actually has LESS tuning help on it! Or perhaps it's just that much less obvious.

ETA: on a few pages back I said there weren't really any rules for singing. Apart from warm ups and stuff, you can pretty much sing any way you want. I should know, since I took about 5 years of singing lessons lol not that i'm that great at it, mind you. If you ruin your voice from singing certain ways, it's your fault, and it doesn't affect anyone but you. Whereas if you do something weird and wrong in a novel, you might think it looks good, but the readers may not. So yeah. Oh i'm not a genius. Just a wannabe nerd with her 'thinking stupid' glasses on the wrong way around again. rawr.
I'm in a weird moon. I mean Mood! damn me and my fingers. Auto-slip :p

Status
Not open for further replies.