Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I hope he gets better soon, Kat!

Finishing early because I need to go get my charger. I have 5.1K! :D Also, once I've plugged my charger in, I'm going to go watch TV for a bit, and then I'll be back to hopefully finish this scene in another epic sesh, so bye for now!

Paper Princess

I'm a newbie, bee nice to me :P
Registered
Reaction score
hello peeps, I just don't really know what you guys do in that kind of threat, so, I'll just sit by and watch..

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Ah... I've never watched that before, though I have seen a ton of screenshots.
So what are you guys doing for Christmas? Does anyone else not celebrate Christmas? I do the occasional gift - but Christmas isn't really a holiday on the Chinese calendar.

Christmas for my family is kind of the time for spring cleaning/DIY home renovations.

Hi Paper Princess. :) We just chat here and keep the conversation bouncing along!

ETA - my computer is lagging crazily today. I hope your brother gets better, Kat.

Last edited:

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello again. I am... tired of mopping. And now the floor smells clean. I hate it.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hello again. I am... tired of mopping. And now the floor smells clean. I hate it.

I had a summer job last year working in a cafe. Every evening I swept and mopped the floor. It was so mind-numbingly dull and repetitive I nearly cried. :tongue

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Race - Mopping is horrible. I do it once a week at work, and most of my workmates do everything they can to avoid it (It would be kind of funny if it wasn't so sad).
But the thought of not mopping is more terrifying, honestly. And sometimes I see kids rolling around on the tiles and rubbing their face in it and I have to fight to urge to run towards them screaming GET UP! IT'S GROOOOSSSS...

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
hello peeps, I just don't really know what you guys do in that kind of threat, so, I'll just sit by and watch..

I think you meant thread, not threat. ...Right? ;)

The first thing we do is ask (or answer) the questions. :)

1. What do you want us to call you?
2. How old are you (if you don't mind us asking)?
3. What do you write (fantasy, sci-fi, romance, etc)?

I'm Bookgirl/BG, and I mostly do fantasy with a bit of contemp and historical in there, too.

PS: Why do I always miss Elu? :e2cry:

ETA Oh, yeah... And I'm not a teen any more, but at heart a part of me will always be. ...I'm 22 (basically. A month doesn't make *that* much of a difference, right? :tongue)

Last edited:

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
*tackles thread* I MISSED YOUUUUU.

Hey everyone. :D
How are you all?
I'm good, especially since as of three hours ago I'm officially on winter break- and my teacher didn't give me any homework.

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
I AM STILL HERE! :D *tackles*

Just drifting in and out. :tongue

ETA: YAYYY Winter break!

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
How long is the break for you guys?

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Zoe - So it's a little more than two weeks. :) Yay!

Hi Karla!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back.

I'm going to do another epic sesh or two until I hit 6K and/or finish this scene and then I'm going to go to bed. :)

Also, term starts on the 9th of January for me, but because of when my classes are, I don't go back until the 11th. :D

ETA: I'm really tired so I'm going to go to bed. I now have 5.5K! :D Imma watch HPDHP2 if I finish the chapter tomorrow (exceptional long break), YAY! :D

I'm only going to have epic writing sessions at this time if I have Coke and/or chocolate in the house available. If not, midnight is the limit.

Last edited:

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 (cute movie) and there's one part where Simon says "Allons-y" like three times.

I wanted to burst out laughing so badly. (Doctor Who reference for those of you who still haven't come to the Whovian side.)

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
It's weird, but I can never remember Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 coming out - but I do remember the first one. Never saw it.

I have an old Alvin storybook at home. It's a cute spoof of the Christmas Carol. :)

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 (cute movie) and there's one part where Simon says "Allons-y" like three times.

I wanted to burst out laughing so badly. (Doctor Who reference for those of you who still haven't come to the Whovian side.)

*likes*

In other news, now that I'm on break, my muse has decided it should also take a break. :tongue Yeesh.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow i'm gone for two days and everyone comes one and chats it up!!! What the hell!!!

And now no one is on. Boooo!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I think I'm going to be plotting my Cinderella story over the hoildays or in the New Year. One of the MCs has declared that he's called David and I have a vauge idea for the final scene (or a scene near the end).

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Okay - so I've pinned down my query for my YA UF. It's a bit long (at 250 words) but sounding almost exactly the way I want it to sound.

Now I need to actually write the damn thing. But at least I know what the story is about now!

I always find it weird to no end that it's morning where you guys are, and midnight where I am. And it's winter (the winter solstice!) where you are, and summer where I am. At least this Christmas, we're kind of getting the closest to a white Christmas we're ever going to get in Sydney - grey skies, incessant rain, sludge on the ground - 'sludge' only differs by a few syllables and letters from 'snow'.

Why am I never this eloquent in the mornings?

Status
Not open for further replies.