Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, I had read the spoilers weeks ahead.

I watch Glee as a hardcore fandom member. 90% for the fandom and speculation and internet bitching, only actually 10% for the show.

Though its a large 10.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Is it on a Christmas break?

I know some of the spoilers as well, but it was still like... "OMG".

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
LOL.

I am determined to write at least 2K today, tomorrow and Thursday, so I'll hit 10K by Sunday, but it's going really slowly. Hopefully it'll pick up later...

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Writing is going slow. I almost wish I was in Starbucks so I could do an epic sesh. I WILL be doing one tonight.

ETA: Going to be playing Wizard 101 for a while. I just need to do something really fun right now.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've thought of a new writing rountine that should hopefully work for me. :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think I have found my dream agency. It's just picking the agent that's the problem, haha.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all... and good night Lisa!
I've switched WiPs again. This is becoming all too familiar. :S

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ely. :) I've got three that I'm kind of concurrently working on, and everytime I hit a wall I just switch around. It's kind of frustrating actually, because all three are viable, but they've also all got huge problems I don't know how to fix right now.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
That IS frustrating.

It happened with my YA Contemp that I was 10k away from finishing. I made the mistake of reading over what i had written so far, only to discover that there wasn't really a plot (there was, but it didn't make much sense haha), the voice was constantly changing, and my main character was a little too melodramtic and...I just don't know what to do with it.

Writing is so frustrating sometimes.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting to the point where if a scene hasn't got much going on in it, then i get stuck and so I end up skipping to the next interesting part. I hate in-between bits... like... when a person moves from one place to another. -.- But I know where my WIP is going, so I guess that's what matters. If I end up with gaps, so long as I have the main scenes, I can always fill them in later. :)

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I hate the in-between parts too! Most of my favorite scenes in my wips are the scenes where things are happening. I know that something exciting can't happen in EVERY scene but writing the filler scenes does get extremely boring after a while.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
It's like "s/he went to this place, and then did this and then this person spoke to this person... bla bla bla" then two paragraphs later... "bam something happens" lol okay so not in those words, but it's pretty much like that. I'm pretty much making up the interesting scenes as I go, so I have a feeling I'm going to read through and think ... "wth?!" lol

Babbling Brooke

Squirrel!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scribblebrooke.livejournal.com
Hi, guys! Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here, hasn't it?

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to outline this new WIP. I never have been able to finish an outline. On the other hand, when I try to just go in and write, I end up getting stuck and have no clue how to continue the story.

Anyways, how's everyone doing? :)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here, hasn't it?

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to outline this new WIP. I never have been able to finish an outline. On the other hand, when I try to just go in and write, I end up getting stuck and have no clue how to continue the story.

Anyways, how's everyone doing? :)

Hey, I don't think we've chatted before :) I'm Katheryn.

I'm doing good, thanks.

I'm bad at outlining, so I just jump in. So far so good, although it took about a dozen ideas to be started before I got to one solid enough. haha

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
My problem is I work sequentially - if there's a problem before, I can't move forward until I fixed it. In my SF WIP, I was actually up to a 'big revelation' scene, and then I realised all the key points to the big revelation wasn't actually in the story. And since they were key points and all... putting them in would change everything.
My contemporary WiP... I still don't even know where the main problem is. There's just so many problems.
So I'm back to my UF, which has hit a wall in terms of the plot.

I can't even think of filler scenes right now. I have nothing to fill....

ETA - I've also tried outlining. Hi, Babbling Brooke! I'm lvae :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.