Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ok guys. Todays goal for me is 3k. And I have 0k. Does anyone want to word war or something? My muse in my avatar isn't helping, ha, ha. I'm up for a word war if anyone wants at :30. I just need to get writing!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I would, but I'm watching TV and alternating between my short story and Sticks and Stones.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, thanks though. I have a strict goal for myself to write 15k by Christmas.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I had to go run around town for a bit.

Hey, HR! How's it going?

It's going good. I've been running around so much over the past few days, though, that I feel like I've barely been home at all. Now I want to work on revisions but I'm so mentally exhausted that I don't really feel like it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That is not good.

I'm actually really excited about Sticks and Stones. I'm determined to finish it by March, so I can plot some of the musical I'm hoping to write for Script Frenzy. :D

Depending on how things go, this or Underdogs will be the first thing I query. Though I'm worring about the scene lengths in Underdogs so...

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Got 386 words in that 15 minute span. I need to leave for now, though. Only 2600 words to go... *sigh*
ETA: This is going to be a humorous YA. I think I'm making a really good character...

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
At Starbucks today, I wrote roughly 400 words in half an hour. Thiss is actually pretty good for me.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so i just got back up to college, my apt. is empty and i'm away from my family.... This this is a really good time to start writing!!!

So lets see how well i do. Fingers crossed.

Hows everyone else?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good. Watching a show about extreme Christmas light displays, and then I'm going to put my PJs on and do an epic writing sesh or two until I finish this (or the next one, depending on how I do).

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I keep forgetting the 6 hour time difference...I'm like its not eve 5pm yet and your getting into your pjs?

I got all this new music so maybe i'll be more inspired. My "mermaid" attack is next. you would think i'd be more excited to write that.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What music is it?

I haven't found the "perfect" music for Sticks and Stones yet. I'm hoping I'll discover what it is soon. :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
for a long while i was listening to Taylor Swift (yes so unlike me) but the reason was because Evy (My FMC/narrator) favorite singer is Taylor Swift. But honestly the music was starting to drive me slightly insane after a few weeks. I only kept "Mean" and "Sparks Fly" and "Long Live" on the playlist right now because they fit the story perfectly.

I needed my rock fix so last night i listened to a rock radio station for like 3 hours and got a good bit of new songs.

Oddly almost all the songs i have for TAJ only fit the ending and not the rest of the story really.

My characters theme songs

Evy- "Mean" by Taylor Swift
Matty- "Savin Me" by Nickelback.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, hello!

I went shopping and visited some old teachers and walked my dog. Now back to more writing! I've got a bit over 2.9K right now, so 1.5K total so far today. I think I can make it to 5K by the end of tonight :D Maybe more!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back. I still have 2600k to go for the day. And I WILL reach my goal. Word war, anyone?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I will do a word war, but I have a handicap - I'm writing by hand lol. So it might be less than I want. At my best, I can pound out 500 words in 15 minutes on the computer, but I average probably closer to 375-400. I haven't timed myself when writing by hand though. I guess we'll see when we word war!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah that's a pretty big handicap. But it will be fun to see the results!

Why are you writing by hand anyway?

And what time do we start?

Status
Not open for further replies.