Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
OMGGGGGG! Mercedes doesn't know what she's talking about! You better get together with Sam!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Grr. I know what I want to happen in this book, but finding a way of writing it is proving somewhat of a challenge. -.-

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I came up with a story idea, but it's way too much like Hunger Games. After I realized this, I became very depressed. It's actually based off of Lottery by Shirley Jackson. :<

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm worried mines becoming too boring :/ Even though in my head I'm not bored of it.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
It is a creepy story, but it's awesome. Granted, I do not want to get stoned to death. But it kind of reminds me of when people tell rumors and eventually, it may even turn everyone against one person. That one person feels trapped and words sometimes kill them.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
What's your story about, allaboutwords?

It's about a girl named Violet who discovers in her family history there are vampires and she's becoming one. In among her discovering more about her new life, her ex boyfriend (Daniel) who is also a vampire (but she didn't know) come back to help her. The basic premise of the story is that Daniel's maker is coming back to town and he's after Violet. She goes on a mission to find out why and who he really is.
See, I know where I want it to go, but it's getting it onto paper (well, word doc) that's the problem :/ and having it make sense, too!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I was panicking, so I decided to see if there were any authors that don't outline. Meg Cabot doesn't, and her blog post helped me calm down.

I'll have a rough idea of where I want to go -- and I'll write scene summaries down if I get them half/fully-formed, but I'm not into writing epically detailed outlines.

One day I might have to do that, but I don't know.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, I don't outline. (not that I'm successful yet, but still) and I always find it easier to write freely. My ability to not finish a novel yet isn't so much because I don't plan, it's because I'm lazy and not disciplined enough to get the f**k on with it! ^_^

and I'm aware you didn't ask for my response, but meh... you got it anyway xD cheers!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
And I panic too much about not outlining, and then I can't motivate myself to write!

Status
Not open for further replies.