Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I dont think it will glorify teenage pregancy unless you glorify it. Its ok if she's got superpowers and stuff but as long as she too realizes pregancy at her age isnt the most amazing thing on the face of the earth, then you should be fine.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but i just got exctied. After a HORRIBLE few weeks from hell at school, i finally heard back from my beta, SHE FINISHED THE WHOLE BOOK! YAY!!! *does happy dance*

Sadly I do agree with her about the somewhat flat ending, but i can change a chapter around!

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I know this is coming in late with this, but I'm seriously jealous of you guys. I've only ever been to Utah, Idaho, California, Nevada (when I was like...12. It's the one and only time I've ever been to Vegas), *through* Arizona and New Mexico, Missouri and about an hour south of the US/Mexico border. I'd never been on a plane until after I graduated from high school, and that was also the first time I'd been past the eastern border of Utah (my senior trip was to Missouri).

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Lets see... me I live in Philadelphia PA, but travel to Wildwood NJ and NJ often.

Other states I've visited
Been to Disney World in FL 5 times. Never left the resort though.
Took a road trip over the summer where i traveled from PA to CO. So in that 2 days we drove though PA, WV, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS and finally CO.

I've also been to NY, DE, MD and VA. (Just spend a weekend camping in VA two weekends ago.)

So with the exception of my home state, i've been to 12 others, Not really that many when you realize there are 50 of them.

I've also been to Ireland and England. A week in each place.

The end of my travel experience.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Seems like nearly everyone has been to CA. I've always wanted to go there. I've been to Las Vegas several times. I had always wanted to just have my parents drive us to CA because it's way closer than doing it from Florida. LOL

But they didn't agree with that idea.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I want to go to California as well.

I've emailed K0dy K3PL1NG3R about doing an interview for uni, and I'm wondering how long I should wait for a reply, and how easy it would be to email another author or an agent and write the piece by 14th December (the work is due the next day).

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I've been to California a few times. Twice when I was younger as part of a family vacation, and my junior year of high school with choir. We went for the Heritage Music Festival in Anaheim (...or it may have been the one in Orange County. Either way we spent the last day in Disneyland, and that's where the awards ceremony (that like 75% of us missed) was).

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I loved her first book, The Duff. Haven't read her second book yet but I really want to read her Midsummer Nightmare because I remember prior to her releasing her first book and when I was following her blog, she had been talking about Midsummer Nightmare.

Though I am not sure how long you should wait. :<

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking over the weekend. It'll be an email interview.

I've read The Duff, but I haven't got Shut Out yet.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. I do.

Just wondering, has anyone of you been through something extraodiary/challanging that you wouldn't mind talking to me about via email/Skype interview. It's a day in the life piece I've got to do.

ETA: Dinner.

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I do. :)

On a sidenote, I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have this fantasy story where the society is ruled by eccelesiocracy government. This religion that controls the (corrupted) government is heavily Christianity-influenced, which includes the heavens, God, angels, demons, Satan, and Hell.

But since this is in a different world than Earth, does anyone know how can I translate these aspects to that World?

Last edited:

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Who says those same things don't exist in other worlds?

On another note, I just found this, and my reaction was basically .................. :Jaw:
ETA If you didn't want to say it in so many words, Akasha, a good example of ways it's been changed/incorporated is in the Chronicles of Narnia.

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
DOCTOR WHO AND LABYRINTH?! Fangirl about to explode. :snoopy:

That's true, Bookgirl. Who says that those things don't exist in those other worlds. And thanks for the book suggestion.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
David Tennant and David Bowie ... yes. All I can say is yes. David is my favorite DW.

ETA: Hi, allaboutwords!

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey :) I liked David as the Doctor, but I like Matt just as much, if not more.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have never seen that movie.

Is there somewhere on the forum where you can contact authors/agents for interviews? I was wondering for two pieces of coursework for the same module.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yep. I do.

Just wondering, has anyone of you been through something extraodiary/challanging that you wouldn't mind talking to me about via email/Skype interview. It's a day in the life piece I've got to do.

ETA: Dinner.

I have 2 severe learning disorders and have made it to be a Senior Chemistry major.(which is shocking with my mathematics disorder) Does that count?

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
David was my first ever Doctor, and he will always be my favorite. At this point, however, I do also love Matt. ...I still miss David, though. And I never thought I'd say this, but I also kinda miss the Master.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I stopped watching DW after David left. :< It wasn't the same anymore for me. David just had a charisma that captured me. He had chemistry with just about everyone, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.