Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm thinking of writing it in parts, like multiple journal entries or something. But I've had like a week to do it (whoo procrastination), which means it can't look/sound like I put it together really fast.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
How much do you know about the 19th century? Is it 19th century Europe or America? Definitely use letters, and try make the most of what you know. :) Artificially manipulate the situation so you won't have to make up things.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I was watching TV and I'm kinda tired, so I'm going to bed. 'Night, guys. :)

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
'Night, Lisa!

It's 19th century Europe. The only information I have is whatever is in my textbook, which isn't much. I can't find a lot of information online, either. So there will be a lot of puffing up sentences involved.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Well, first of all I found out my social dance final (which is one of the few finals I was kinda looking forward to as it was) has been changed. Instead of passing off one of the dances we've worked on this semester, we're having a dance. We're supposed to dress up (like, skirts/dresses), and our teacher's trying to get dance cards that we'll fill out the class before.

Then I had two hours of choir instead of one, which was just very....happy making (to quote my best friend), an hour and a half of Latin Dance Club, and then just went to Quiznos with a friend I hadn't seen or talked to in forever. And my meal was $2.50 (for a flat bread sandwich, small salad, chips, and a drink). ...Plus I got to see my best friend's dad (who I really like. Besides which, it's only by seeing his family that I get the info on what's going on in my friends life (he's in Canada until next November)).

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
The author I'm interning for sent me a gift box that has pears, truffles, moose mix (it's like this chocolate covered popcorn-looking stuff, mixed nuts, and chocolate covered cherries. Yummy.

I have so much homework to get done tonight. I have 3/4 of my English, all of my math, bio, and geography to still do. It's all due Friday, and tomorrow I'll be gone babysitting all day. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
if it makes you feel better i have a seminar in front of my class tomorrow. Which is just a really long intense presentation. And a 7 page research paper on hemophilia A due soon... at least i have two pages of it written....

Not to mention that the ACS (American Chemical Society) exam is coming up in TWO WEEKS! I"m scared shit less of that damn test. They shouldnt have one test decide if your going to pass college!

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I was done with my History paper, but my teacher just emailed me and said that I need way more details (I sent the essay to her to get feedback). And now, I shall go cry in a pit of homework.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
This was the same history paper as before? At least your teacher sounds nice. Feedback is so important for learning.

Also, you have the best job Zoe. :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I am so determined to finish my children's short story today, so I can start writing the awkward first kiss scene. :D If I don't, I'm just going to write a summary of it at some stage.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I am doing okay. Trying to figure out how can I write a story set in Paris if I've never been there. I know research is key, but I don't want to sound like a page from Wikipedia.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Do you know anyone that's been there?

I am wondering whether I should write the kiss scene in the main document or have it in a seperate document and then have a folder for later scenes. I don't usually write out of order you see.

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
I generally write extra scenes in a separate document, but that's just me. I don't write out of order often, either.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, never met anyone from there or talked to anyone who has been there before.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's only because I REALLY WANT TO WRITE THAT SCENE. It's several chapters away, and there's no exciting scenes before that that I have in my head.

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, never met anyone from there or talked to anyone who has been there before.

Maybe you could search for images that capture what you want to write about Paris. It might not help much with concrete facts, but might help with descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.