Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I am doing pretty good. Just recovering from Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Very hectic days, lol.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to hit 1K on Sticks and Stones soon. It's taking forever. It's only a side project, 'cause I've been doing lots of coursework, but Saturdays are my day off from coursework.

What about yours?

ETA: I just went past the 1K mark! :D

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to hit 1K on Sticks and Stones soon. It's taking forever. It's only a side project, 'cause I've been doing lots of coursework, but Saturdays are my day off from coursework.

What about yours?

ETA: I just went past the 1K mark! :D

Yay! That's great. What is Sticks and Stones about?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's an LGBT retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

I'm not sure how long I want each scene to be. I know I want two scenes in each chapter.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
It's an LGBT retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

I'm not sure how long I want each scene to be. I know I want two scenes in each chapter.

Wow, I love that idea! Are the main character and their love interest two girls or two boys?

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
The yaoi lover within me squeals with excitement! So is it set in modern times, a past time period, or is it futuristic? Please, don't leave a girl hanging, LOL.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's modern day, set in a (currently unnamed) fictional area of London. Belle is Stephan, an openly gay boy. The beast is Isaac, a closested (sp?) gay boy who bullies Stephan.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
It's modern day, set in a (currently unnamed) fictional area of London. Belle is Stephan, an openly gay boy. The beast is Isaac, a closested (sp?) gay boy who bullies Stephan.

That is really awesome. It kind of reminds me of the bullying storyline of Kurt and Karofsky from Glee, which I liked a lot. One of my favorite shows of all time! There needs to be more stories, movies, and shows that concentrate on effects of the bullying of gay teens.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
*whines* i've blocked myself from facebook and twitter and yet I can't concentrate on this story. fml

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Haha. I knew a while ago I wanted to write an LGBT retelling of a fairytale, but Beauty and the Beast only came to me when Kurtofsky came into my head one night. I'll be looking up fanmixes to find songs for Sticks and Stones.

I thought that Isaac was going to be a new boy, but he changed to a bully. I actually love it now, because it means I'm writing something I had an idea for anyway.

ETA: Hey, Kat.

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I am a Kurtofsky fan more than a Klaine fan. Used to be a Klaine lover, but then I started to understand Dave more as an individual as the show expanded on his background and intentions. Kurtofsky seems more flawed and realistic to me as supposed to Klaine seems like the perfect couple.

ETA: Hi, Allaboutwords!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE Klaine, but Kurtofsky is growing on me. :)

How long do you think a scene should be? Is there an length that you can cope with as a reader? I was thinking they should be 2K each, but I struggled with that when writing my fanfiction, so I'm not going to do that with this one.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
As a reader, I think it depends on the content of the scene as opposed to the length of it. If the content is meaningful to character development and/or the plot then I don't mind the length. If there is a meaningless, filler scene then the shorter the better.

When I alternate between the POVs, I normally write 1.5K-2K per POV or scene including the main character and love interest so it's balanced for the most part. If you want to challenge yourself then give 2K a try. I used to write 500-2K per chapter, now I can write 8K per chapter if I truly wanted to. Just find a reasonable comfort zone for you, but don't overdo yourself.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What about 3K? Two 1.5K scenes per chapter? This is dual POV.

I'm admitting now: I like Karofsky more now because I find Max Adler attractive. I was slightly upset when I didn't see him for ages. :3

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
1.5K per POV seems like a good amount to me!

He is very attractive! I nearly squealed in that 'first time' episode when Blaine and Kurt went to that gay bar and Karofsky was there. He looked really happy and at peace with himself.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I was just like "Why are you in there?" then "Yay, he's coming out of his padded closet!", then "OMG YUM."

ETA: The POV changes with each chapter.

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
He was wearing a baseball cap in that scene and I was thinking, "Please, take that hat off! Don't hide that handsome face!"

So is this supernatural such as Issac can transform into a beast or contemporary where both characters are just humans?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning guys!

I got Schmooed by the way - ain't it great. :D
*I'm pretending to be Richard Simmons on the other threads. :evil

How are you all.

I am trying to finish my WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.