Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah i wrote my fingers off when i was free and i've been really interested in this project which helps

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Guess what I did? I blocked myself from facebook. Yup. It was becoming a MAJOR distraction from writing. Plus, those games... ugh.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hehehehe I've hear that method really works! Luckily i'm not all that addicted... I'm more addicted to Dragon Cave now... its sooo bad how addicted i am... but it paid off... i got a two headed dragon egg!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaa. I'm addicted to the games on facebook more than the actually "Talking" because.. well... i can't say I actually chat to many people on there. But Gnome Town and Ravenville City/Fair is kinda.. addictive.
I came up with a new (yet another one?) story idea late last night. I'm keeping this one more hush hush because I have so many ideas that i've started, that I bet so many people are starting to think it's ridiculous. Which is it, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't give it ago xD

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Coming up with ideas is a wonderful thing. You shouldnt be ashamed of that, the more the better.

I have like 10 more books planned after the 11 i have/am working on now.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I get ideas, write a page and then think "naw this is crap!" *scrap* lol
My one and only real achievement is finishing (even if it isn't 100% finished editing wise) my Unlucky Vampire story. That took a good chunk of my writing time and I'm so pleased with it, even if it doesn't actually become anything other than practice. I kinda gave up on NaNo this year because after a week in, I got to 3000 words and then went away for a week, and have spent the past week getting over jetlag. So it's not that likely I'd ever finish it. Plus, the story line wasn't that great :/

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh ok. Well its good you got the Unlucky Vampire finished. I liked that book alot.

I was really excited about this new book idea and that's why i was able to sit down and pop out 15K in a sitting. (No lie, i really did that my first and second day writing the book)

I even had real encouragement from others about this book... Which is rare for me if you knew my family and friends (most of which think i'm crazy after they find out what my series is about)

This is going to be my one normal book, that will hopefully be a gateway book for me to get my series published.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Well you are a great writer (and again I'm sorry I didn't finish reading it. I wanted to. If it was on paper, I'd have finished it in no time!)
My new idea is a vampire story again. I figured I prefer to write what I like to read; which might not be the proper way to do it, but that's what I'm doing.
I think how i failed before was I was trying to a story that wasn't truly in my favour, as in, I wasn't 100% into it as I am with vampires and stuff. <_<

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Write what YOU want to read. Noone else matters. I mean that's how i started my series, really it started off with how i wished my life would be (I was a weird kid) but as i got into it and developed some basic writing skills i realized the story i was writing would be something i was searching to actually find and read.

If you force out an idea that your not 120% interested in then your going to lose interest and motivation to write it. And that just gets you down.

I've been there with Unsung Zeros. Only was ever in the mood to write it when i was pissed off and depressed about my life (you would have to know what it was about to understand...) and then once those feeling dissipated I lost all interest in writing the book and would go back to my series. Hence why i need to one day re-write it because the ending was just me rushing to finish it.

If you like vampires write about them!

And thanks, but there is no need to worry about reading my book... take as long as you need. Or if you dont like it/lose interest you can just stop.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Aw thanks Ally.
I don't think it helps that there's so much shit going around that Vampires are a done thing and it's not cool anymore. Err.. yeah, whatever. lol
My mum's always discouraging me by saying that the craze isn't going to be around that much longer. But I say there's ALWAYS going to be a place for vampires/ghosts/supernatural, it just might not be in your face.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Its kind of complicated...

Evelyn wakes up on shore with no idea who she is, where she came from or where the hell she is. All her memory of herself has been whipped clean. The townspeople from the village nearby take her in and tell her to forget the past and start a future. But Evy knows something is wrong. Why do people wash up on shore daily? Where do they come from? Why is everyone so strict and refuse to answer her questions? Why are these people living in the stone age when she remembers more modern technology? Soon her questions begin to put her life in danger so she decides to run away beyond the woods no villager is aloud to enter before the towns people shut her up for good.

But she cant go alone, so she recruits Matty a young man in the same situation as her who only washed up on shore a few days before. Together the two friends set out into the wilderness to find out who they are, where they came from and how to get back

Little did they know that the village was the only safe place in the strange land they find themselves in. Shadow beasts, trolls, parasitic creatures, evil demons and endless mazes are only the beginning of there problems in this land from hell. As they battle there way farther and begin to regain more memories of there lives and themselves, are they even the people they think they are? And is there real life even more horrible then this new one?

But the real interesting stuff happens at the end... that is the mind blowing twist part that interest people i tell. Frankly i dont care about spoilers with this book.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Aw thanks Ally.
I don't think it helps that there's so much shit going around that Vampires are a done thing and it's not cool anymore. Err.. yeah, whatever. lol
My mum's always discouraging me by saying that the craze isn't going to be around that much longer. But I say there's ALWAYS going to be a place for vampires/ghosts/supernatural, it just might not be in your face.

I have a friend who is ADDICTED to anything vampire oriented. Yeah it might be a bit of a craze now but you are always going to get die hard fans of vampires. And trust me there are plenty that were around before the craze and will be there after.

Just like with Zombies right now they are really hot and all my zombie loving fanatic friends who have always loved zombie movies are going crazy over the new fad, but they will still love zombies when it ends.

Write for yourself and not for the "book market" if you do that your never really going to enjoy writing.

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh that story sounds amazing :) I'd read it!
And you should go into giving pep talks, Ally. That advice was sound.
xD

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha! It comes from years of horrible depressive experience I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through.

I just hate when people feel bad about there writing or story idea based on other people's opinions. Other people have nothing to do with it. There will always be someone who loves your books no matter what. I could name a million examples... take twilight, i absolutely hate it but i have friends who camped out to get movie tickets. Take Harry Potter. Again i hate those books yet everyone else on the face of the earth likes them. Then there is one of my favorite authors, no one i've ever talked to have ever EVER heard of the series i love SOOOOO much.

There will be lovers and haters of everything. So that just shows other people's opinions on your work really doesn't mean shit. If you like it and enjoy writing it that's all that matters in the long run.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Not bad so far thanks. Actually woke up BEFORE 1pm O.O lol and have written 2 pages of my new idea. Just having a little trouble figuring out all the nitty gritty bits about the characters.
How about yours?
Oh and btw.. IT'S SO COLD! *shivers*

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I just had to figure all that stuff out about my character... I'm a little off schedual with them getting there memories back in the order i want them to return and when, but other then that i think they are turning out just how i want them... Although Evy is becoming a little more egotistical then i planned... but i had an idea to nib that in the butt before it gets out of control.

My day is ok... havent gone to sleep yet. Running on 18 hours now. Oh well

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow... that's intense. I went camping for a premiere last week and for 2 days i was awake for a solid 20 odd ours each time. wasn't fun.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
oh i'm used to not getting much sleep. Insomniac. I've stayed up for 5 days straight last year during finals because of all the stress. Horrible let me tell you.

Again finals are coming so my anxiety acts up and i have a lot of trouble sleeping. Plus my boyfriends been away for a week today and i think that's another reason i'm not sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.