Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am back from the depth of boring journalism-related reading. I shall be going back later, but now I'm going to write some more of my proposal for my short story.

What sort of names do you guys think Christmas elves would have?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I shall have to think...

ETA: The main elf is going to be called... Jingles. I am serious.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So... finished the proposal (going to do more boring reading later).

What do you guys think?

Ten year old Charlie has always wanted to meet Santa Claus, determined to prove to his older brother Liam that he does exist. On Christmas Eve, he has a dream that he is in an enchanted forest – but this isn’t just any enchanted forest. This is the enchanted forest where Santa’s elves live and make the toys that Santa Claus delivers to thousands of expectant children on Christmas Eve. When an elf, Jingles, tells Charlie that he can meet Santa, Charlie is obviously overjoyed, but is in for a surprise when Santa tells him that he can accompany him on his annual journey. After the journey, Santa gives him his Christmas presents before Charlie wakes up in his bedroom. Sure it was just a dream, he races downstairs to see if it was true and from the familiar packages under the tree, realises that it was.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
That's really cute, Lisa. :)

Hi guys! Anyone around?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's the short story for uni. I have to email my tutor the proposal before I write it. Do you think it would work as a short story? It's got to be 2K. Oh, and I don't think it's got elements of any fairytales which is what I wanted orginally. What do you think?

ETA: I've just realised I've gone past the 9K posts mark. :D

Last edited:

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Woooooot! 9k!
It'll definitely work as a short story. 2K is plenty.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm home from babysitting. :D
Homework time!
The girl I'm babysitting for might want me to watch them for more than just today and tomorrow. This is good because I need money in my life. xD

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have a side project for in cases of no fiction coursework to do (like now) and when I don't have a main project. Trying to write the first 500 - 1K before I go to bed. But I'll be going to bed in half an hour -- and I don't know how to start it. All I know is: it's contempary; it's LGBT (boy/boy).

ETA: Oh, and it's dual POV.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have 141 words. And I am going to bed in a minute. This is untitled...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I have plenty of untitled stuff. None of it is being worked on, or even started, it's just untitled in my ideas document.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
My fanfiction is still untitled.

If you're here tomorrow, I could post the opining for you?

Bed for me.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
This is the summary I used for my blog and Goodreads:

When Meera murders the queen of the fae, his choices are to run or die.

He makes his escape to the one place his pursuers can't reach him: the Cirque des Ténèbres. He forms a contract with the Cirque's demonic ruler, offering himself up to perform for a few centuries. Taking the stage with his violin night after night seems a better choice than having his soul trapped in eternal torture. But the demon Deimos proves even better at torture than the fae, leading Meera to wonder if signing himself over to the circus was a good idea after all.

The only comfort he finds is in bonding with his fellow performers, among their ranks the secretive Lacrimosa. Meera learns that while the dancer has been in the Cirque longer than anyone else, no one knows a thing about him. Taking this as a personal challenge, the violinist becomes determined to crack through Lacrimosa's shell. As he grows to know the dancer better, he finds himself feeling a love he hasn't known in centuries.

However, Lacrimosa's contract with the Cirque ends in a few short months, and that end might mean a fate far worse than freedom.

And there's actually a snippet up on my blog right now :) (The writerly one, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.