Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just saying, if you have to die, it might as well be pleasant. :tongue

Ah, I didn't realise we were talking about the love interest. Yes, an incubus would be a bit tricky. :tongue I think you'd have to be pretty careful to avoid making it really problematic. (Evil mens with their uncontrollable urges, preying on the innocent womens! Ladies, resist your sinful thoughts!) But I'm sure a love interest who feeds off your terror wouldn't be a barrel of laughs either. :tongue

A guy feeding off your terror isn't suppose to be for the laughs. At least, I hope not, LOL! But I am not sure if I want a guy to feed off of my blood or feed off of my terror? Decisions, decisions.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Blood. :tongue

I think an epic description of Hogwarts is coming. :D I hope I do it justice, even if I have to check things on the Wiki.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa: I've been wanting to read Halo lately. So many angel books out there. I've already read Fallen and Hush, Hush. Would you recommend it?

LET ME MUSCLE IN. I HAVE THE PERFECT BOOK. I'm a huge, huge fan of Rebecca L1m's M3RCY, which is a fallen angel story but amazingly good. The heroine is a wonderful character, full of compassion for those around her, but also a hardass who gets into staredowns and breaks into people's houses at night. She's also a freaking angel, and I do mean the freaking part. The angels of M3RCY are terrifying forces who bring down wrath on a spectacular scale. It's just really well done. I'm eagerly awaiting the fourth book in the series.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think I want to read that book. I hope I remember it. I may PM you.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard of Mercy. That book cover is amazingly beautiful and it sticks with you indeed.

I don't know. I like my blood, but I don't want someone feeding off of my terror either.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds amazing, Para. :) I think I can make out the name through the 1s and 3s.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry! Habit. I give a lot of negative reviews (as you can tell) and I would rather my reviews not come up on the authors' google alerts - I don't want to ruin anyone's day. A number a day keeps the google spiders away. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've found Maddy's theme tune -- "Fireflies" by Owl City. It's innocent sounding, sweet and to me is about magic and unbelievable things, which fits Maddy. And I just love the song. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok so my serious time writing didnt happen, instead i was collecting dragon eggs....

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Ally: I noticed. :tongue

Yay for Wrock. I just put "House Song" by Ministry of Magic on the "soundtrack" for the fanfiction. Those who've heard it may be able to guess what scene I put it in for. :D

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah i got a little carried away... if you couldn't tell.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I just went snorkeling and then played with stingrays. STRINGRAYS ARE THE CUTEST THINGS I HAVE EVER MET. They're so playful and cute and they give you random hugs, I love them. One of these days I'm gonna write a mermaid story just for the sea creatures.

...I already have a mermaid story in the works, but it's not really a mermaid story. It's going to be possibly the most depressing thing I ever write. Parting of the Seas. so so sad. I came up with it after making two new best friends and spending a week in Italy with them, mainly in buses.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I WANT TO GO TO ITALY. HOPEFULLY FOR MY 21ST BIRTHDAY.

Ahem.

That sounds like a fun day. And mermaids are AWESOME.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Stingrays! I love stingrays!! :D

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna be spending 2-3 weeks in either Spain or France this summer to prepare for my IB diploma. I'm praying I can do it in French, but...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I dont get the fascination with mermaids. I'm not a fan of them.

There going to be in this book but they are evil vial creatures who suck the life out of men like parasites.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little late, but THG trailer made me really, really excited.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Ally- Humanity has done so many unspeakable things. I just don't think we have the right to call another race evil.

But mermaids are a way to set stories under the sea.

Lisa... you could just google it, you know.

ETA: Sort of equivalent to A-levels... but very much not the same.

So what are the differences? First up, the International Baccalaureate. The IB is divided into six groups: language, second language, individuals and societies, mathematics and computer science, experimental sciences and the arts. Three of these groups are taught at a “higher” level, and more teaching hours are allocated to them. In addition, pupils complete an extended essay, follow a Theory of Knowledge course (TOK) and participate in the CAS (Creativity, Action, Service) programme, which encompasses sport, arts and community work.

Such a spread of subjects suits all-round pupils who don’t wish to drop from around 10 GCSEs to three or four AS subjects; the emphasis on personal research undoubtedly prepares pupils effectively for the academic and organisational rigours of university life. However, all six subject groups must be completed, meaning that one weaker subject can drag down an entire IB score.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
anyone want to YAWN?

Hard to compare mermaids to humans considering mermaids aren't real.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh. I think my brother's doing something like that as part of his GCSES

My only problem with "Loser Like Me" - THE FAIL GRAMMAR -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.