Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Little bit tired. I've been working on combining my two writing folders (I had one in an obvious location on my computer and the other hidden) and I have so much more stuff than I realized. But I am determined to organize all of it and I think I'm almost done.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I just did that recently. Hahahaha I'm glad i'm not the only one with hidden writings! Although they are still hidden but in a more accessible place. I created a writing folder. inside that are three folders. LotF, TAJ, and UZ. Clearly LotF is the biggest though and have multiple folders inside it.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well my parents used to be really weird about me writing queer stuff, but I no longer care what they think about what I write so no more hidden stuff. Triumph!

I have 7 primary folders, (About writing, active projects, ideas, on hold projects, semi-active projects, shorts, and unpublishable projects) and they're all full of even more folders. I plan to go through and count how many novels I have in progress/being planned once I'm done here :D

ETA: Aim for what you can manage.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... tbh, I don't know what I can manage, but it's very unlikely this is going to hit 50K.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have a hidden journal on my computer and some hidden works that i'm embarressed of. They will never be in any of the books but there more like hidden scenes between my characters. Although one i really think i want in the books... Like how my girl MC's find out there pregnant later on... its a really cute and funny story

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
my uncle always used to visit Ireland. and would always bring me back Areo bars... I LOVED THEM!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I can't continue this scene without research, I have no ideas for the other scenes that need to be written and no ideas for other scenes. Boo.

However, I LOVE the outline view in Scrivener. I can just look at it and see where I'm at with scenes. Now if only I could make the move from paper outlining to computer outlining...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Double post but...

I THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO BE TRYING.

1. Index cards for new scene ideas
2. Write the scene
3. Copy/write a new synopsis in the Inspecter pane after scene has been written (will also happen for scenes I come up with at the laptop)
4. Keep checking progress via outliner view

If this works, I will be frustrated by the fact that I'm only using the free trial.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm printing out a copy of Breathtaken at school tomorrow so I can scribble all over it for revision-sake since I've sworn to publish it in the spring.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Really??? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Also, the index cards will be in order.

ETA: This is perfect if you need some giggles. XD

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
:D

If I'm working on something on Word and a similar method works (I would have to completely rewrite a card for example), I'm not going to buy Scrivener. I just wish it was easier for me to write out of order in Word. :| I'm not going to buy Scrivener if I owe my mum money (like now or at the beginning of a new month) or if I haven't got a lot left in the month.

What's the new title?

Off topic: Darren Criss's voice soothes me when he sings acousticly (sp?). :D <3

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no, the title will still be Breathtaken. I mean it's not being published under the name Arianna Sterling.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG YAY I LOVE YOU *huggles*

Ahem.

I started writing the Sorting Hat's song in the previous scene. I don't know why, but this makes me happy. :D

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
yay Ari!

ETA: oh my God I hate smokers so much it isn't even funny. fuck. I legit can't breathe properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.