Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
"Reach for the moon, if you fail at least you'll fall among the stars" - paraphrased from something we have hanging on our kitchen wall.

How is the writing going? Getting anywhere among RL?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
"Be Prepared" is awesome. Bloody scary in German though.

We are ALL talented. At something.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
No, no, I am talented. But everyone knows I'm not a leading lady vocally. And by 'that talented', I mean compared to Lea Michele (a comparison Lisa brought up) I fully recognize that I am never going to be a leading lady on Broadway, because I am not a vocal powerhouse.

But seriously, guys, you don't have to try and encourage me to have confidence in my abilities. I am vastly overconfident in a LOT of departments. And I know I'm not a bad singer, but I'm not a heroine, vocally.

ETA: Seriously, guys, I am incredibly full of myself. You don't have to give me a pep talk.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am really unconfident. I'm one of those people who constantly needs reassurance.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I always want reassurance-- but that's because I am vain and like hearing people give a play by play of my awesomeness :tongue

No, but seriously. I grew up going to an arts school. I was onstage before I understood that the people watching were real and not just figments of my imagination. I'm very, very confident in my ability to perform. And my appearance, and all that.

I am just incredibly beyond incredibly insecure about my personality. And the worst insult I can get is being called "fake".

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just plain feel useless at/about most things (including writing and my disabillities) and suffering from depression does not help.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah... I come from a family with a lot of problems and problem kids, and I have a lot of luck in a lot of areas, so I kind of get held up to a very high standard. When you're under that much pressure (and the added pressure of being a girl, which means you MUST be perfectly pretty and polite and all your jokes must be appropriate and you must have multiple suitors but you can't be a slut and on and on and on) having lots of confidence-- or appearing to-- is your only coping mechanism.

BG, watch that link I posted. I posted it with you in mind.

ETA: I have bad depression, but the reason it's so bad is that 90% of the time I refuse to let others believe that I am anything other than happy and invulnerable, and so just shove it down.

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the link is The Tenth Doctor: The Musical.

(no, nothing like AVPM. It's like... the music video of all of the tenth doctor)

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Then do other stuff :tongue Get a haircut, go shopping, see a play, redecorate your room, make character profiles for every character, learn how to say "Fuck you" in 25 different languages... you know, whatever.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Character profiles!! I'll finish those.

I was thinking for later projects, the rest of Underdogs and maybe this -- notebook for character profiles and worldbuilding, index cards and holder for keeping track of scenes (future ones in writing process, all of them during editing) and playlist (this is the main thing lol).

Hmm... fuck you in 25 languages...

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
It says a lot that I'm watching this musical thing over and over again, and I literally cannot force myself to blink or look away until the angels are off the screen.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Really? I find the Silence, the Vashta Nerada, and the Weeping Angels much scarier. Mostly because we don't completely understand them. We don't know what they want, or where they come from, or how they work. Things like the Cybermen and the Daleks... I'm glad they're not real, but we know everything about them, so they're less scary, IMO.

Hey, my new cover!

thelastdraconitally.png

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I find them scarier than the Cybermen. Not scary, but scarier. The Cybermen are so funny. I just wanna hug 'em and be like "d'awww, you're like a little kid playing dress-up!"

probably wouldn't do that IRL, though.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
NO. Not a good idea.

What is that font you've used on my covers?

Status
Not open for further replies.