Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading through the first 50 pages.

Things I've changed

The elevator has a proper counter weight now.
The elevator hits Paris.
Sarge is 100% more hardass. He really didn't cuss the cadets out enough.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thats awesome Zoom way to go!!! I wish you all the luck!!!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yay i'm finally writing HH again!!! 72K in... and only half way done.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Ally!

Also, what do you want to do on the beta front? Seeing as you've made some changes and I'm only on Chapter Three.

ETA: Food time.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Go HR!!! Thats great!

And i agree... i also hate it when my characters dont listen to me...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Me too!! Though most of the time they listen to me AND send the scenes in wonderful directions.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
mine did that the other day. Totally wouldnt cooperate with me but because he didnt it sent a wonderful twist into the story!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I don't plan, I pants-it and just let the characters write the story, so everything is a surprise and not one - because I never know where they are going :D

Morning guys!

Hi again Allie ;)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Parump.

I used to be like that. Just write without a inkling of where i was going, but then my stories got way to complicated for me to continue that way... so now i'm half planned half not.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to write but i'm too freaking anxious about life to really get anything good out... this really isnt good.... God i hate my school and the stupid teachers here....

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Are you still having problems with your teachers understanding your dyslexia, Ally?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
No worst... This past semester was a nightmare, with my one chem teacher, who doesnt teach... He does this thing called POGILS in which he spits us up into groups of three or four comes in and hands us this chem packets, and tells us to do them. No teaching to it, we just have to do it, and when we ask him questions he turns into a psycologist and say stuff like "Well what do you think the answer is?" and if you get it wrong... well he pretty much publically humilates you.

I cant learn that way. I cant learn with someone not teaching me the stuff... So i told him this, and went to tutoring and did everything i possible could... I at least thought i would get a D, after all i did all the work. I found out two weeks ago he gave me an F. So now i'm screwed.... So i gave up on my forensic dreams, whatever that fine... so i go to the dean and ask what my options are now, because that class was a major requirment, and i have a personal problem with that teacher and the way he teaches.

The dean says he cant do anything i'd have to go to my advisor... well my advisor is a major asshole and happens to be my teachers best friend! So i go to my advisor and he talks down to me and tells me i'm clearly not smart enough to handle chemistry and that i should just give it up.... I"M GOING TO BE A SENIOR!!!! So I just ask him what i can do to simply graduate... he tells me i'm a lost cause and if i cant get another teacher to mentor my senor thesis, that i cant graduate... (we only have 4 chem teachers my advisor and my crappy asshole of a teacher being two of them) so tell him i already asked another professor, and he says "Oh well if he didnt give you a deffinate yes by now, he is just being nice and doesnt want to say no to your face" Awesome! Now i'm left with one teacher, who is a strict mean lady who will most likely say no to me after Corrotto talks to her.

So after hearing all this i'm on the verge of like jumping of the roof and tell my mom everything, and now my mom decides to jump in and have a meeting with my advisor, to yell at him and tell him to figure out a way i can graduate.... Thats where she is now and i'm just nervous this is going to put me farther up on my chem departments shit list.....

(end rant... sorry this has just been a really hard time for me)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, yes tell me about it, this guy has made two years of my already miserable life, a living hell. And there's nothing i can do about it, i've even complained to the dean about him but he has tenior and our school has an "academic freedom policy" in which he is alowed to teach however he sees fit, which apparently means not teaching at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.