Obsessive Plotting Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all! Long time no see.

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. I've gotten involved in writing a musical with my friend, so combine that with Organic Chem and Alter chugging along, I haven't been on in a while.

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning. How are you?

Do I gather from my skimming that we're YAWNing, or is this just a one off thing?

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Well that didn't go so well. @parataxis - No, the first part is not from a boys prospective. It's from a girls POV. Peace is the name of the girl.
And yes, although the boy that turns up has identified himself, that's NOT the overall premise of the story, so it doesn't really spoil much.
I guess it's back to the drawing board. *sigh*
Also, thanks Tally for your imput.

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Nevermind, I looked back and it was just AllAboutWords posting her scene.

EDIT: Oh, well that makes it much better as a scene. I do wonder why this scene in particular is in third though, since I think it would have worked just fine in first.

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
It was mainly because I'd had the idea for a scene and I instantly started to hand write in third person, and it felt... right. Like, not forced. And now I'm not sure what 'person' to write it in. lol. Oh, I'm glad it made sense to you now :)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! That's what I want to get at, Kath. It would have been 50% better in first person. People register the world in fragments. In first person, the style would have worked.

But in third person, it just feels choppy.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Fair do's. To be fair, I wasn't sure what you meant by fragments. lol. Now I get it.

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it seems to me that your third is close enough that simply changing the pronouns would not be the most egregious scene on this earth. (Although, I do admit, it may be affected by how her voice is previously.)

On a side note: I've been writing the inciting incident for Alter, and I want to some advice. I feel like I haven't gone over it enough for SYW. Can do something Similar to AAW for a section?

EDIT: Well, I appear to have killed the thread. On the plus side, I checked out the official movie site for the Hunger Games and the Districts mostly match up with our made up list for the Tribute march! That means we don't have to rewrite.

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I need to get to work. I've been interviewing someone most of the morning, and now I have writing to do.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. ...I've had more freak out moments in the past 24 hours than in I'm not sure how long. I don't know how many more of them my heart can handle. ...Literally.

...Anyway... How are you guys doing?

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
How's it going, Ari?

If I can, I'm going to try and hit 6K tonight. That's roughly another 950 words. o_O And I dunno what's going to happen in the next scene yet.

Last edited:

Parataxis

Registered
Reaction score
Things are going well. I'm scooting along in the first scene of the Hunger Games Musical. And things are less sucky this time! Although, I'm still getting used to script format.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right now, I'm going to change the music and go on WoD and see how long it takes me to write 700 words (roughly the amount I need to hit 6K) of the next scene. God knows what will happen in it. So, I'll be back soon, hopefully, and goodnight Darren Criss. :3

ETA: 704 words in 30 minutes. I'm going to try it again with a time and no WC goal tomorrow. :D

ETA2: Just copied and pasted it into the document. I still need 55 words to hit 6K, but I can do that, no problem.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody...

I don't want the weekend to end.. I know it's only Saturday, but I feel like tomorrow is Monday... :(

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
It sucks. But, I have no school on Wednesday, so I guess that's a bonus.

I'm trying to figure out the back story of my MC, who is back to Layla's, mom. She is a baaad girl.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for no school!

I just went past the 6K mark, which is more that 1K written today - so far anyway, if I decide to write some more before bed! :D I'm going to go on YouTube now. I might watch some more AVPM. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.