Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Well i aim and write in a way to make my books believable. I'm also a huge science nerd (I'm a Chem major) So after a few higher level biology classes its became my goal to literally study my freaks and break down exactly why they were Freaks. I found playing around with the human genome and altering proteins and enzymes fun. Because i'm a dork. Granted i cant do studies to find out if i'd be right, but Freaks aren't actually real (as much as i wish they were). So everything i propose to explain a trait of the Freaks is just theory, although very very convincing theory. I put more effort in studying shit for my books then for my classes (which is really bad)

I'm in Biochem right now and its just been giving me soooo many ideas for new abilities based on what different proteins can do. My toxic ability is my new challenge. I really like my theory behind it but Will doesn't so i'm trying to figure out the real logistics of it to be able to more scientifically explain it so he might like it more. Although i worry i'm stepping to far into the super power ranger rather then extreme ability range.

Sorry i'm rambling.... Biochem test tomorrow and little sleep= very loopy Ally.

But one day if my books get big i'm writing a book called the Anatomy of the Freak by Pipkin McClennen (one of my characters) that will explain all my theories on the Freaks

My highschool bio teacher was the most helpful with all this. I used to stay after class and talk to her about my theories for hours. She thought it was fun like i did to predict what an altered structure would cause a human to be able to do.

nevermore-nightshade

Poe Groupie and Lunchtime Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
herestous.wordpress.com
Awesome! I've come up with what I thought was quite a bit of background for my non-ordinary-human characters, but I've never gone this in-depth. Science isn't my forte anyway--I'm into the humanities, so I tend to focus more on political/historical background for my worlds.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well if you ever need science help with your non-humans let me know! Although i dont do super powers as well... those just cant be explained by real science and would have to take on more far out there theories.

nevermore-nightshade

Poe Groupie and Lunchtime Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
herestous.wordpress.com
Yeah, sometimes you just have to play your "It's a fantasy" card and throw in a bit of inplausability. (Is that even a word? Oh well.) I do that rather a lot, especially since most of my longer works are historical fantasies, so I can't go into long, in-depth descriptions of cells and genomes and whatnot without it being wrong for the time period.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Soooo sleepy. I wish I could for ever and and ever amen.

Dreams, may you bless me and my writing.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh you have school tomorrow? Hehe, we have it off. :)

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone watching modern family? It's pretty funny.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I still believe all that shit's possible. I have a strong belief in the supernatural, backed up by lots of real life experience.

Just saw the help. =D

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Random question... What would you guys do if you dreaded going to a class mostly because you don't feel like you can talk to your teacher, no matter how much you may be struggling? And this is a teacher you'd always gotten along well with before, but then things were said that changed that.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Today that happened and I went to talk to the school counselor person. She arranged a meeting with me, her and the teacher. It's all good now.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I actually would do that, but I have no idea who it would be at this level. :(

ETA It's more okay now, though. ...I have European chocolate. :D

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I have a very very rocky relationship with alot of my chem teachers. One of my teachers had been giving me unreasonable grades and just not teaching and I went above his head to try and fix the problem because talking to him wasn't working... that action first off did nothing and then caused other teachers to dislike me. (but if the teacher is a prick who doesnt actually teach, called me an idiot, and refused to help me, what else was i to do?)

I've found regardless what was or is said they as a teacher have a obligation to help you out. I hate my one teacher with a passion but his job is on the line if he denies me help, so that's the way i think of it. Go to your teacher demand they sit down and talk to you to resolve your problem, and if they are not helpful in the least go first to the department chair, if they are unavailable or are of no use go to the Assistant Dean.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I had the weirdest dream last night, which truth be told, seemed very true blood, but I'm writing the beginning of something that may or may not lead up to that scene. Obv I will change it so the characters don't appear to look like bill and sookie *laughs* but hey, it's fun anyway. lol
How is everyone? x

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
im alright cheers. Just hoovered so am a bit hot.. not to mention its really hot and sunny out anyway. meh. im an indoors person :p

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
:) . I am such an impatient person. I'm still awaiting the reply of an editor who I submitted a piece to... He's already said that he's interested so it makes it all the more painful...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. So i just survived my first BioChem test... i dont think i completely bombed it which is a good feeling for once.

Hows everyone today?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I have a sociology test in a half hour. I'd give anything right now just to go back to bed. I had a computer class from 8-9:40 this morning and I spent the entire thing surfing the internet just to stay awake.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I've done none of my homework, so I have to do it all today. Agh.
My teacher wants me to take notes on all the History chapters I've studied. So I was doing that yesterday. I'm not even past the 1st chapter.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on your test HR... I know the feeling, after work i'm skipping my second class because i've been up for like 24 hours straight.

Good luck with the studying and notes Zoey!

Status
Not open for further replies.