Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
So, it's official.

I am madly, deeply, head over heels, fall off a cliff CRAZY in love with a girl.

AND HERE'S THE TWIST

She loves me back!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DDDDDDD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Zoom!

I could never live at home during university. I didn't even know it was technically an option until spring. I don't want to live at home.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Tally.

Have you ever had problems with the Skype programme not logging in properly/taking forever? I'm using an IM site at the moment if you want to chat, but I'm getting some food soon.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, I can never Skype in the morning. It's 7 AM. I stop by AW once or twice, but mainly, I'm thinking about school and homework.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ky.

Earlier, I realised that one of my biggest problem in writing is my thing about inserting pop culture references.

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just received an email from an agent who wants to try giving my first fifty pages and synopsis to 5-8 YA editors. The agent I was contacted by doesn't represent YA, only non-fiction. What I'm trying to ask is... Is that normal? Kind of doing a test run before committing to anything? I'd never heard of an agent doing something like this before.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I've never heard of that happening lily. Post this in bewares and background checks. Those are the people that would know for sure. Good luck!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just received an email from an agent who wants to try giving my first fifty pages and synopsis to 5-8 YA editors. The agent I was contacted by doesn't represent YA, only non-fiction. What I'm trying to ask is... Is that normal? Kind of doing a test run before committing to anything? I'd never heard of an agent doing something like this before.

That's an absolutely terrible practice. I've heard of it before. Some agent makes a half-hearted sort-of-submission to a bunch of editors, they all reject it because there's no passion there, and you're left with a shop-worn manuscript that can't be offered to those houses again.

How did the 30+ full requests you received in the first 24 hours go? You must be well on your way to a thousand full requests now. :tongue

Last edited:

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Remind me to never procrastinate ever again. I've been up for the past 2 1/2 hours doing homework that's due in less than an hour. I still have one assignment to go, and now I have to go get ready for class.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm about to sit here and read Weeping straight through from beginning to end for revision-sake, so I'll probably be pretty quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.