Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My SNI may turn into a WIP tonight. I just planned out all the external and internal conflicts today, and I will have a plot by the end of the night. I already have a general story arc.

Ari, I decided to use your 1st draft method of dividing it into four parts and not putting in chapter breaks 'till the draft is done. I hope that is okay.

I am at school, too, you guys.

OH GOD, I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS WIP. I haven't been this excited since... oh... MAAH, definitely. Which I wrote in September last year. A whole year ago? Wow... Anyway, I hope this is a good sign!

I have discovered that I can only type with two hands on PC keyboards. Which we have at school. And is incredibly fun and somewhat addictive. I still prefer Macs, but... Hey, I wonder if you can set up a PC-style keyboard to a Mac?

Wow, everything I type is coming out so fast! This is magnificent! Not that I don't type incredibly fast with one hand :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
NO. I haven't been on it for ages because of writing and Glee, but what if I wanted to go on it.

Speaking of Glee, I know it starts here next Thursday, but I won't always get a chance to watch it prettty soon after it airs, so can you promise me no spoilers?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I actually stole the lack o' chapter breaks from like, every single person who writes for Let the Words Flow. Seriously. So have at, lol. And the four acts is only specific to Weeping, since Weeping = based around Swan Lake which had...four acts. (So Lifelike will have 2, since it's from Nutcracker, and Seahome will have...however many Sleeping Beauty had...)

Anyway. Sitting in the campus library printing out a whoooole lot of stuff about revising. Which I will read during my last class. And continue reading when I get home. Then I will have the glory of starting revisions tomorrow :D

ETA: AW looks really weird on this computer...just realized that.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
0_0

In my WIP, they're preparing Swan Lake (though not at all Black Swan-ish) and it's VERY loosely based on that structure... though mainly on the cycle of the phoenix. Birth, Life, Death, Resurrection / Rebirth.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Lolol. Swan Lake is kind of freaking fantastic to base things around. Weeping, I noticed, is sort of...reverse-Swan Lake. Like...

Prince: Meera
Sorcerer: Deimos
White Swan: Feliciano
Black Swan: Lacrimosa

And of course in normal SL, the white swan is the cursed one, whereas in Weeping, Lacrimosa is clearly the cursed person. Of course I definitely don't have the issue of the prince accidentally saying he loves the wrong one, since he loves both of them.

But seriously. Swan Lake FTW.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I ALWAYS get confused when people say "Black Swan" and "White Swan" instead of "Odile" and "Odette". XD

Me, it's not based on characters. It follows the structure of "Discovering and following the mystery" "'dancing' or falling on love with the mystery" "being deceived by the mystery" and "sacrificing everything / being reborn" for the mystery.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I always have issues remembering which is which, because I fail.

That is equally awesome. And I look forward to reading this whenever you let me :D

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have NAMED MY CAST, so I am plotting!

Cast:

MC = Anastasiya (Ana) Kislykh
LI (who is an ass) = Demyan Rezanov
BFF = Katenka (Kat) Malenkov
LI Sister = Veronika Rezanov
Manager = Kirill Berezovsky
Lead Ballerino = Jaska Sudnik
Old Manager = Ipati Tchepikov

Very Russian, this book. If anyone here knows a lot about Russian culture, your knowledge would be awesome.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for plotting!

I love that ballerino is a word, by the way. When I started Weeping I was like "he's not a ballerina, what the fu--ohhhhhh".

ETA: Oh hey, I think class is over. Yaaaaaay! But this means I'm going away from my computer. Less yay :(

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
OHHHH and about Weeping, the query should focus more on Lacrimosa, because really, I was right, and Meera's goal for 3/4 of the book is to shag the guy.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, yes, but most of act three shagging Lacrimosa is still one of his goals, though now it becomes his goal many times over short periods of time. :tongue

And I am taller than you. You be the little person. I am the young person.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
That's because Meera is a closet pervert :D

And hush. Everyone is taller than me. Except for Jessi.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Jessi is a short little thing.

Closet? I don't think so. :tongue

How tall is Ash, by the way? You said I was taller.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
That she is.

By "closet" I mean he mooooostly doesn't act like one. But then once he knows he's safe to say pervy things, he's all over it.

Ash is 5'5" I think.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Is work supposed to be not boring?

Not much is up on my end. I do need to send you the Grimace notes though...my email was being a jerk when I finished it, so I haven't done it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.