Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
LOL that's exactly why I worded my siggy the way it is. So I don't have to update unless I change my WIP.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Tired... but I have less than 150 words to go before I hit 1K. I can do this!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
wow listening to old song... brings back alot of memories, from way back when my first book was really really horrible... but it was just sooooo much fun to write it back then... makes me miss being 12.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What song?

ETA: Right, now I am going to update my siggy and then go to bed. 'Night, guys. :)

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
"Headstrong" by Trapt.... I used to listen to that and:
"Last train home" & "Wake Up"- Lostprophets
"Meant to live" by Switchfoot
Over and Over again while writing my first book...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
A class on using Microsoft programs. We seriously were "taught" how to save a freaking document, copy a file...nonsense that I think anyone who has made it to college should already know.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my bf had to take one of those classes, he's a computer science major... it was at least an easy A. He sat there the whole time reading my books instead of doing work.

Could you get away with writing instead?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
that was my problem with work. What i just do is start a new word document and start writing were i left off... then email or dropbox it, when i'm done and simply paste and copy what i wrote to my original doc. at home.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh PTSD is fascinating. Did ALOT of research on it. If you need any articles, books or documentary's on it i'm sure i can find my list of stuff on my old computer!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Plotting is good.

I need to pull up my Lifelike outline later and make sure Zephyr is a bit more active. Le sigh.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I always take my flash drive to school. I actually almost lost it twice. First time, I left it on a computer in the Student Center (busiest building on campus!) for the 1.5 hours I was in class. A guy was on the computer I had used, but it was right there. I guess it helped that the CPU is behind the monitor and you can't really notice it sticking straight out of the USB port. The second time, I left it at my night class which is held in a computer room. The door to the room had been automatically locking at 6 p.m. for weeks (those who were late to class had to knock), but they changed it before I left my flash drive there, so the door was unlocked. Good thing too - It was past 10 p.m. and I didn't want to deal with going to campus security and whatnot. It wasn't in the USB port, but I found it behind the teacher's podium. SO RELIEVED. I also almost lost my Nook too. I was charging it in my classroom (a night class) and I actually remembered the next day. I walked in a class (the students were in groups so I wasn't disturbing them) and the prof. there said, "I'm glad you found it." PHEW.

Anyway, I'm usually really lucky with important things I lose haha. I lost my flash drive like 3 times before that. (Once, I scoured an entire grassy field knowing it fell out of my pocket - good thing it was shiny too, because I saw the glare).

Yeah, I'm worried I won't be so lucky the next time haha

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I washed my flashdrive twice... by accident... and it still works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.