Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I don't care what they're made of.

*gives Tally a huge glass of juice* Which do you like?

ETA: Right, lunch and then notebook decorating and plotting. Don't expect me for a while.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Plotting. Gave up on the decoration and took the stickers off.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ari.

Still plotting. I may do a lot of this in the morning or at night - I am currently on the sofa with in front of me and the notebook on my lap.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, whatever works.

I'm getting like...no work done. I have school stuff I should be doing but...I dunno. Bad mood makes it hard to focus, y'know?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys :)

The last day of summer vacation :(

And what am I doing?

Nothing "/

Anyways, I finally watched the first part of The Deathly Hallows. Mom was very upset when Dobby died, as he was her favorite character, and my Dad officially hates Harry, because he thinks that he is good for nothing, and can't and will not do anything.

So, I took a mental note of that.

So, I went on YouTube last night, and I watched the scene where Voldemort kills Harry, and I have to say, it was... Wow. I`ve never had the same feeling in my life.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I spent my entire summer vacation doing nothing, if it makes you feel any better.

I cried for Dobby. And then I spent 95% of the very last movie in tears. Including when nothing sad was happening. It was...a feeling of over-ness.

ETA: Just got a text from my partner on my composition paper. I pray she suggests meeting up. I am in dire need of a distraction right now.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I might do plotting when I'm stuck, but it may well be away from the laptop - just so I can write comfortably.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I amost cried. I felt the tears coming, but I dunno.

But all the action happens in the next one :(

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I cried for Dobby. And then I spent 95% of the very last movie in tears. Including when nothing sad was happening. It was...a feeling of over-ness.

I don't think I had ever cried that much during a movie. And then I saw the last movie and the tears wouldn't stop. Even the happy parts, I was bawling. I feel bad for the people who I went with.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I will probably start crying the first few minutes in through the second one...

I will definitely cry Snapes death. I know it. And his flashbacks. Oh my...

Lets just say, I am going to cry during most of the movie.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody! *hides in a corner*

Is anyone here an English A-Level student (pref yr 13)? And have you done 1 subject, both AS and A2, in 1 year? Is it impossible? Because I really want to do that with Sociology, and then I don't have to learn about the USSR 1941-1991 and The Irish Question.

Plus, I liked the last Harry Potter movie, although I thought that Fred/George (I'm confused!!???!!)'s death was over really quickly. When I read the book, it was a massive moment, and I cried loads, but in the film it was like *bang* 'Oh, right, he's dead. That was sad. Anyway...' Whereas Neville + Luna. WRONG - he was supposed to marry Hannah Abbot! None of the HP films will ever equal HP3, though, IMO.

Last edited:

LadyA

Registered
Reaction score
I will definitely cry Snapes death. I know it. And his flashbacks. Oh my...

Anyone who has watched the final film and who watches Skins, didn't Snape's death remind you of Freddie's death in series 4? Me and my sister had only just watched the box set of that series before HP7 part 2, and the whole death behind frosted glass, and blood splashing, was so similar it freaked me out. But then I am a massive Skins fan. :)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I cried my eyes out over everything with Snape.

Not in that school system, so can't answer that...

And the third movie was the worst of them all, honestly.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE Nevilla/Luna.

The first important scene is plotted (short summary, as it is in my head atm). I may start writing later, or do some more plotting. We shall see.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody! *hides in a corner*

Is anyone here an English A-Level student (pref yr 13)? And have you done 1 subject, both AS and A2, in 1 year? Is it impossible? Because I really want to do that with Sociology, and then I don't have to learn about the USSR 1941-1991 and The Irish Question.

Plus, I liked the last Harry Potter movie, although I thought that Fred/George (I'm confused!!???!!)'s death was over really quickly. When I read the book, it was a massive moment, and I cried loads, but in the film it was like *bang* 'Oh, right, he's dead. That was sad. Anyway...' Whereas Neville + Luna. WRONG - he was supposed to marry Hannah Abbot! None of the HP films will ever equal HP3, though, IMO.

I agree with you, hp3 (and even 4 imo) were the best. Better quality of story i think. And yeah, Fred/George... wth? That was major in the book and they just put it in like it was something they weren't bothered about but had to include something. Which seemed totally pointless imo, since if they're not going to do the scene right... then don't do it at all. The ending imo was crap, but then that's me, and most people seem to think the movie was like the fricken holy grail = could do no wrong. I'm what they call a potterhead but with actual respect for the books. So I don't just "love" a film because it's been made from a really good book. -.-

Anyways... I want to do A level English too.. I've heard different things about it. Some say it's really hard, and I'd have to believe them if what I got for a home learning version told me anything. (I paid for a ICS course for English Alevel, but never actually started it because the first question was soooo hard. I ultimately learnt my lesson not to pay for something so expencive without more thought.)

p.s. I've just come back from seeing Cowboys & Aliens. SO GOOD! Harrison Ford = the best damned cowboy ON THE PLANET! <3

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Snape is just epic. No matter how cruel his character is in the books, I still love his character.

I'm serious. Everytime I see him come on the screen,I sort of freak out, sort of because I know what happens to him and all. My sister gets used to it.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Snape is just epic. No matter how cruel his character is in the books, I still love his character.

I'm serious. Everytime I see him come on the screen,I sort of freak out, sort of because I know what happens to him and all. My sister gets used to it.

When I saw Snape's death for the first time at the cinema, I actually cried out "NO!" and then had that awkward moment where I realise I'd said that out loud and not just in my head. haha.

LadyA

Registered
Reaction score
Hey AAW13 - I'm on my second year of English Language (A2) and it's one of my favourite subjects. You get more work for Media or English Lit, and Eng Lang, your AS is 40% Creative Writing coursework - the whole reason I did it. Brilliant. If your teachers are good, I highly reccommend it ;). It is sort of hard, but then so are most A-Levels (except General Studies, a total doss and pointless but good fun!). Hope that helps xx

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have good enough GCSE's to do a proper A level course at college. And the cost! Fricken £1000 odd just for a year. Like... whatever! lol

Uni.. yeah i could understand. But not A level!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
When I saw Snape's death for the first time at the cinema, I actually cried out "NO!" and then had that awkward moment where I realise I'd said that out loud and not just in my head. haha.

I read the book at my aunts house, and I was in my cousins room alone. When I read that part, I started to bawl and cry and cry some more. I had to put the book down for a few minutes.

GoF and TDH are my favoriter Harry Potter books. I found that OotP and HBP dragged a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.