Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh ok! Thanks... hummm looks like i'm like 4 years behind then....

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, it looks like the song "Shining" by Kristan Leontiou fits the relationship between the corrupt werewolf police member and Carla. Margo, if you're there, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Still just the two that I already had, but it's not like I'm actively searching, lol.

ETA: Sounds like a plan, Tally :)

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I didn't think I would have trouble with the tropical storm but there is a huge hole in my ceiling.

Time to write away the stress :)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
My dad had to carry me through flooding from a tropical storm before. We found out the next day there had been a shark swimming through the area. So many nightmares.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
My dad had to carry me through flooding from a tropical storm before. We found out the next day there had been a shark swimming through the area. So many nightmares.
I believe you. During Katrina there were bull sharks swimming around the city (New Orleans). One killed a person. They can live in the Mississippi river now.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You know i think writing a query letter is harder then writing the damn book! This is what i get for writing such a deceiving book. I suck at query letters...

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
You know i think writing a query letter is harder then writing the damn book! This is what i get for writing such a deceiving book. I suck at query letters...

I think most people suck at writing query letters. Mainly because the writer is so close to the story. It's easy to write queries for other works that aren't yours XD

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I believe you. During Katrina there were bull sharks swimming around the city (New Orleans). One killed a person. They can live in the Mississippi river now.
Oh dear god why.

Queries are kind of a bitch because you only get 250 words to draw someone in. When you have a book that's many times that length...well, cutting down to the essentials is a challenge.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying for two years to write one and every one sucks... I read everything there is to read on how to write one but every time i follow all the rules my query ends up making the book sound like shit, and then when i dont follow all the rules i get yelled at that i'm not following the rules... I just cant win...

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow, Kidd! How much is it to fix it??

Hey, guys!

So I think my lack of motivation in writing my romance novels has to deal with the fact my head is up in the clouds wishing I could fall in love again. Dunno when or if that'll happen :/

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear god why.
They have something called Freshwater tolerance. They have been documented being as far north as Illinois. There was actually a string of deaths tied in with a bull shark in Illinois. I'm just glad the river isn't swim-able here in Baton Rouge lol

It will happen Karla :) I can bet on it. I felt the same way after I got really burned in high school. You just need a reboot. Go out and do something with the girl pals. As for the hole..not sure. I'll have to wait until the rain stops long enough to put a tarp up. After that I'll call my landlord.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Karla. How's it going?

I have a geniuine fear of sharks. And thunder and lightning.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
GTA is a very, very AU fanfic my bff and I started writing in grade 7. We still update it to this day. Please rep this post so I can delete it when I get published.

I prefer writing queries to writing the actual book. 'Cause when you finally get it down, you look at it, and you go, "Damn, my book's awesome."

ETA: Ooh, I went and hung out at a shark tank today! And there was a crocodile name Smiley. Orcas may be my favorite creature on the entire planet, except maybe turtles. Facebook will tell you why soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.