Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Hey lisa your on... i have a question for you. Have you read the Gone series? I havent actually havent heard of it till like two weeks ago, just a little curious, is from what you read of my book anything like it? From what i hear i at least have people disappearing similar, but everyone goes in mine not just adults.... So can you think of any other similarities?

Didn't i suggest that series? I love those books.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
yes i do have and love all the Punk goes pop and classic rock covers. but that is my extent to pop music really.

right now my favorite songs are... "Wicked World" by Cold and "Round and Round" by 3 doors down.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Good. Despite not doing anything productive for most of the day.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Tally, now I'll have Under Pressure playing in my head the rest of the day :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't i suggest that series? I love those books.

yeah that's why i got nervous. Think its really similar to mine? Or just has the similarities of people going missing? (well technically mine are in a coma soooooo) As far as you have gotten have you seen any more similarities?

and i have a feeling your going to say super powers, BUT Freaks dont have powers, they have abilities all within the realm of reasonable reality that can all be explained with real science.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
The only similarity i see is the kids. other than that i just thought you might like the series.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
*phew!*

Ok, yay, i get paranoid that books are like mine... you dont even want to know about my 17 birthday and what happened with the Maximum Ride series... worst birthday ever!!!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
:tongue

Ally, there is no such thing as an original idea, only ideas executed originally. Don't worry about your books being like other books, just worry about them being awesome.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i know no idea is original but some elements of mine are really well... special to me like the name Freaks for one and the abilities they have and the Monsters... if someone where to add those in a book that was published before mine. I dont even know what i'd do...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right, now I have to make my bed, and then I can go song hunting! Fun, fun, fun!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Lol, Para, I just skip everything and jump to the front.

I'm a little obsessive about catching up on threads. I have to read every post. So if you've been getting extremely late reps from me, that's why. :tongue

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Better late than never!

Also, does anybody think that a fantasy world being loosely-based on the four elements with a little extra added in a little too cliche? Personally I can dig it, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I caught up. That was a lot of reading. :tongue

Also, does anybody think that a fantasy world being loosely-based on the four elements with a little extra added in a little too cliche? Personally I can dig it, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

I've got to say, the thought of another elemental magic system doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
well I'm a HUGE fan of avatar the last airbender. (seen the whole series like 5 times... and my cars name is Appa....)

If you have seen it, its completely based on the 4 elements earth, water, fire and air. I loved the whole concept centered around the elements and even though i'm a huge fan of avatar i'd love to read of something more. A new spin on that kind of idea. So yeah, I'd totally be a fan of it!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Random announcement: Being on the phone with AT&T customer service is not very exciting.

ETA: Glo, if you could be as fresh as Avatar made it, then it would be awesome.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm home from chinese buffet.I have this song called 'table for one' in my head.
I decided to give my characters a little... accident. So one of them might be on their own from now on. oh no.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hey when do you guys usually start working on your query letters? before or after you hear back from your beta's?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lisa. It's going well. I just got done transferring my cell phone into my own name :D

Ally, I usually write something of a query while I'm just starting out the book since it gives me more of a firm idea what I'm writing about. Then I write another one when I'm almost done. (Wrote a new one for Weeping about a week before finishing the draft). Then I usually just will work on that one, assuming it was at least a little good, until it's sparkly and worthy of being sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.