Status
Not open for further replies.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Sorry Zoe, I don't know any good books. @_@; What kind of paper is it? I remember doing DBQ's exclusively for my history papers...Oh my god those were torture. x.x;

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
MY POTTERMORE EMAIL HAS ARRIVED!

ETA: Mega treat for when daily jobs are done!

Last edited:

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Kea, I just have to research it and write a page long paper, but I prefer using books instead of online. It's for the english book I'm reading right now.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Ooh gotcha gotcha. Like I said, the only papers I remember writing were research papers, DBQs, or five paragraph essays.

I'm trying to think of people you could look up books of. Umm...if you can, try to find a book on Plessy v Ferguson, more commonly known as the "separate but equal" case. I think it took place in the 20th century and had to deal with segregation between whites and blacks in schools. It was an interesting case, and I remember writing a paper on it. :tongue

For the 19th century, you could try to find excerpts of the "North Star" newspaper in books. It was written by abolitionist Fredrick Douglass.

OH! UNCLE TOM'S CABIN. :O I just remembered that book haha. Apparently it was the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to the whole slavery vs no slavery issue in America back in the day. I have no idea what it's about, but it did help add fuel to the fire for the abolitionists.

I hope I helped. :p It's been 2-3 years since I last studied this.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I have this new love of electric-sounding pop and rock (or at least some of the artists are listed as rock on Zune) like Cash Cash, Cobra Starship, The Ready Set, A Rocket to the Moon (they're like borderline electric I guess), Forever the Sickest Kids, Runner Runner, and that's all I remember at the top of my head. Anyone have any rec's for me? I'm obsessed LOL

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Karla! Try Shiny Toy Guns! :) Especially "Le Disko" it's my favorite song by them along with "We Are Pilots".

ETA: Also try out IAMX, Frou Frou, and Imogen Heap.

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

If there are ones with girl singers too, I'd love that too. Like Selena Gomez falls under the category.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Imogen Heap and Frou Frou are the same person. :) She's an amazing singer. She might not exactly be "pop" but she's definitely electronic. IAMX is a guy, and Shiny Toy Guns switches between a male and female singer.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Me neither, HR. :\

I absolutely love Imogen. She's so incredible. I have all of her songs. ALL OF THEM.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. ...Maybe since I've watched all of David Tennant's episodes now I'll go ahead and watch Let's Kill Hitler. Then I can go back and watch Matt's other episodes. :tongue

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Imogen Heap because I don't really like her voice. And not sure I like IAMX either. I get picky sometimes lol

But thanks for the rec's Keags!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Haha yeah. Neither of them are exactly pop or rock. They're more electronica or indie or something. I have no idea. xD

Did you try out Shiny Toy Guns?

Oh man, I'm totally picky myself, so no worries. :p The sad thing is, I don't even know what I like OTL;;

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have this new love of electric-sounding pop and rock (or at least some of the artists are listed as rock on Zune) like Cash Cash, Cobra Starship, The Ready Set, A Rocket to the Moon (they're like borderline electric I guess), Forever the Sickest Kids, Runner Runner, and that's all I remember at the top of my head. Anyone have any rec's for me? I'm obsessed LOL

WIN WIN WIN.

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Keags - Yeah I like Shiny Toy Guns :D

Glo - Haha sorry...

Lisa - CHYEAH!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
"Your Love" by Cash Cash fits Suns and Stars at a spolierish point, "Good Girls Go Bad" by Cobra Starship is one of Jamie's theme songs, and "More Than Alive" by The Ready Set will possibly fit the second book in the Underdogs series, depending on what happens.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
All great songs!

My obsession with Cash Cash was the start of the general obsession with electric pop and rock :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE their first album. I haven't heard anything about other releases.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Their new album is out on iTunes. Or so it says on their website. It's not on Zune yet though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.