Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
My teacher changed my schedule again. I see her on Thursday and Friday again. Which means I don't have to rush as much.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!

What books?

I still haven't made up my mind about the outline thing.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the film, but saw it so long ago, i forget what it was like... if you know what I mean. I've had the book recommended to me a lot. And it was on a 3 for 2 offer so... why not lol

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I need a new book to read. :( I haven't read anything since I finished Looking for Alaska.

And it's officially time to start working on my newest, and hopefully last, SNI. XD

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully last?

Also, the book of Eragon is a lot better than the movie. The book isn't like INCREDIBLE - it's pretty much just a dragon fantasy - but it is fairly entertaining.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to FB chat with Kat, I have decided I'm going to buy a notebook ASAP and do a musical outline.

Bye bye spreadsheets. :/

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I liked Eragon (book and movie, though the movie wasn't nearly as good). I never finished reading the rest of the series though. There are better dragons out there.

Also, hi :)

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Well I should say, "hopefully last until I finish the damn book!" :tongue

My last WiP gave me a headache so I'm putting it away for now. No use stressing over something when I could be writing. But this one, I'm totally inspired haha.

See, my first WIP had to do with characters who I see as my children...so I could never use them for publication. I'd feel like I'd be selling my children. O_O; So now I only write their stories for fun and to share with friends.

Second WIP was wtf. I loved the idea, but I had no idea how to execute it and had doubts about it. @_@; Because it was a bit too close to home for where I'm at in my life right now,

Third WIP is this one. It's completely different than anything else I've ever written, so it's like a breath of fresh air. I have no clue what genre it is, but that's okay! :)

What's a musical outline? :O I'm currently trying to find a way to flesh out my plot a bit more before I start outlining it more scene-by-scene.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh god, i feel like i've just made you commit to something illegal... AHH!
haha

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
The Eragon movie was atrocious. I haven't even seen the ending. The books are better, but not great. I just want Inheritance to come out already so I can read it and move on with my life.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well I should say, "hopefully last until I finish the damn book!" :tongue

My last WiP gave me a headache so I'm putting it away for now. No use stressing over something when I could be writing. But this one, I'm totally inspired haha.

See, my first WIP had to do with characters who I see as my children...so I could never use them for publication. I'd feel like I'd be selling my children. O_O; So now I only write their stories for fun and to share with friends.

Second WIP was wtf. I loved the idea, but I had no idea how to execute it and had doubts about it. @_@; Because it was a bit too close to home for where I'm at in my life right now,

Third WIP is this one. It's completely different than anything else I've ever written, so it's like a breath of fresh air. I have no clue what genre it is, but that's okay! :)

What's a musical outline? :O I'm currently trying to find a way to flesh out my plot a bit more before I start outlining it more scene-by-scene.

A playlist of songs that fit the book in order. Can or cannot have multiple songs for themes, depending on the writer's prefrences. I prefer multiple.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
You know what I need to read? George R. R. Martin's series. I have them sitting around and just haven't gotten to them yet.

Good luck with the new WIP Keag!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Thanks guys! I hope I can pull it off. But even if I can't, I'm confident I'll have fun with the idea. :)

And oooh, that sounds intriguing. XD I usually make playlists based on my WiPs. I guess that would be a bit more in-depth.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know any good books for researching African American Civil Rights during the 19th and 20th centuries? I have a paper to write on it.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, time for a bit of WoD before class in half an hour. So if I'm not talking...that would be the reason, lol.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The musical outline is just for inspiration/walking to/from uni. Lol. I mostly listen to albums when I write.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Glo.

I need that notebook NOW. Old and new ideas for the plot and songs for the playlist are flooding my brain!

ETA: I want to watch Edward Scissorhands!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.