Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The perfect romance song for Carla in book two of the Underdogs series - "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)" from Hercules. :D

And I think "Zero to Hero" might fit Matthew through the whole series.

I am really happy about this - I dunno why though. :D

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, well that's a little strange. I'd be hard-pressed to say that just because you prefer to do one thing over the other means you're "awful" at it.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
I have not read...anything at all since yesterday. Which is probably bad, because I have like 4 things now that I'm supposed to be reading for people (including S&S).

I don't like that distinction. You might be stronger in one area, but that doesn't mean you're terrible in the other. That person and I would not get along very well.

I agree.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
My teacher moved up the date of when I see her next. So instead of seeing her on Thursday, I see her on Tuesday. Which means I have to do my homework even faster. Agh.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, Zoe.

I have a paper I should be writing at the moment, but I think I'll start on Lifelike first.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad I haven't started school yet. I'm too wrapped up in other things to be able to focus on writing essays again...

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I think I have an english essay due. Along with 3 chapters work for math and bio. Work for the 6 chapters in english I'm supposed to read. And the for Psych and History I have to study for tests and do the work she assigned me for that. All I've done so far is Psych, and right now I'm writing mind maps to help me study for Psych.

*collapses*

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like that distinction. You might be stronger in one area, but that doesn't mean you're terrible in the other. That person and I would not get along very well.

Oh, well that's a little strange. I'd be hard-pressed to say that just because you prefer to do one thing over the other means you're "awful" at it.

I agree he shouldn't have used "extreme" terms, but I think he said it that way because plot and character are two separate things that are at opposite ends. So like picture a graph with plot on one side and character on the other side. This book is pretty much all about making them intertwine for a successful novel, so you'd want it to be very close to the "middle" part of the graph.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I would probably die if I had that much to do. I have a two-page paper (due tomorrow at 5), a three-page first draft (needed for next Wednesday), my Japanese homework (for tomorrow), and a few things to read for poetry (also by next Wednesday, since Monday is Labor Day and all).

ETA: Well, Karla, the way you said it is a lot better than the basic, "If you rock at this then you will suck at this"

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I worded it to sound like he was being harsh earlier. I wasn't careful lol

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling I'll be listening to a lot of Glee and classic Disney songs while writing Underdogs?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, whatever works music-wise. For Lifelike so far I have Spiralling (Keane) and Death of the Cog (The Cog is Dead).

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So far?

ETA: Why must Disney songs be so catchy? -_-

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
They're the ones that fit that I've come across. Death of the Cog actually influenced a character name when I was outlining, and Spiralling...happened yesterday. But I don't take the time to make a playlist, I just sort of listen to my normal things and if something fits I add it.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I never feel the need. My perfect songs come along eventually. (I was like 30% of the way through Weeping when I realized All I Need by Within Temptation was the perfect song for Lacrimosa, and I'd already had the song since 8th grade).

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I must admit, sometimes I don't realise a song fits until much later.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
demotivational-posters-thanks-josh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.