Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Who wrote the rule that you need to put 3 dots at the end of a random sentence and not just have 2? Who ever made that rule up, needs shooting. Because I seem to automatically put 2 dots. :S

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know... I always put three...

You see? I did it there. It's like a habit.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I shouldn't be allowed to bake cookies. I suck at it, but for some reason I keep trying to bake them.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok... shhhhh....no one is here... and if i skip a nap just to write i wont technically be wasting any time because i just would have been sleeping anyway. Right?

Ok... I'm going to start... The House... SHHHHHH!!!! I know i should wait, but its only the beginning... just writing a little cant hurt anything right?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I have an idea for a modern day Phantom of the Opera... But that was already a book, and now it' a play... So I don't think it's going to work out.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, to be honest, I havent read past chapter two. I've been distracted. But so far it's very good :) Will read more tomorrow. You did say I could take my time... :p

p.s. I hate the name Kathy. Just saying... lol :p

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
My mom's name is Kathy... I'm really glad you like Kat, because i dont think i can call anyone Kathy without thinking of my mom...

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
haha it's okay. It's just my dad used to call me Kath and even with a y it makes me feel old. I also used to hate the name Kat, but i guess it grew on me cos i stopped complaining. So Kat or Katheryn is fine.
Or K, or KitKat... lol (a friend of mine made the nickname up, so now I go by kitkat to some people. makes me hungry...) lol

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Gahhhh, writing!

Guys, if I'm quiet it's because I have about 700 words to get out in like 20 minutes.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I was supposed to be brainstorming last night, but I ended up writing (by hand) the entire backstory of my FMC's tattoos throughout 3 years and why the MMC started liking her enough to want to wait for her to be of age since he's 18 and she's 15 by the time he starts liking her.

So now I'm brainstorming but I'm stuck.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Wait... Is there an age limit on tattoos? Or are you doing something else or whatever? Haha. I'm horrible at asking questions.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
anybody wanna read my opening to this new book of mine when I'm done?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone under 18 needs parental consent. But MMC is not an actual tattoo artist (his sister is and he's seen her do it), which is why the FMC asks him in the first place. And actually...she only assumed he's tattooed people, but in reality, she was his first and she's been the only one who ever trusted him to get tattoos from, especially for someone who isn't licensed. Anyone can buy tattoo gear, by the way.

ETA: But I meant for the 15/18 thing - she's still a minor and he isn't aka statutory rape if they ever have sex. And people will assume that if they hear of the two of them getting together because he only hooks up with girls (before he started to like her)

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
How is the writing going Ari?
Tis intense. The scene I'm on is literally the most important one in this entire novel, so every time I type something I worry that it isn't good enough to express what I need it to. I keep having to remind myself that Most Important Scene or not, this is still the first freaking draft and I can go back and fix it later if it doesn't get the job done right. And I still have kind of a lot of the scene to go.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
actually i dont believe it would be statutory rape. I believe the law is age of consent with 4 years is statutory rape.

Meaning if she is 15 a 16,17,18 year old guy would be fine for her to have sex with but depending on when his birthday if he is 19 then it can be called statutory rape.

For example Ally and Rob are 2 weeks short of being exactly 4 years apart from one another, so if they were to have had sex while she was 15 and he was 19 it would have been perfectly within the law.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I just realized I'm only a few outline points away from getting to maul someone with a polar bear. Suddenly I am far more eager to continue writing this scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.