Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
My hand is starting to hurt, and I'm running out of space in my notebook. But I am totally falling in love with my character John. Haha :tongue

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I'm brainstorming right now. Trying to think of my plot points :D

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I really do love your idea, Karla. I have to say ;) I don't think I can say it enough. :)

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Taylor!

I went from getting an idea of a tattoo Joe would get in CMRH to thinking about tattoos as part of a plot, and voila! Tattoo Love was born. :D

It's also inspired me to get my tattoo in the near future instead of if or when I get a book deal lol

Oooh I just noticed something! In all three of my original ideas, I take one "thing" - dreams (TFL), Robin Hood (CMRH), and tattoos (TL) - and factor in romance. Now that I figured this out, I might be able to think of more YA romance plots haha.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I always tried to come up with romance plots, but they all turned out cliche. So, now my genres are all over the place. :tongue

I would like to be able to write romance, though... :( haha

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I am very inexperienced when it comes to romance (only had 1 long-term relationship and 1 short summer fling - both within ~2 years). But because I write romance, people tend to ask me for love advice. *facepalm*

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been a relationship at all, but I've spent more than my fair share of time observing. ...I'm hoping it pays off when I finally do get in one. :tongue

:e2poke:

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
It was so lonely before... I was just roaming around with no one to talk to... :(

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I write romance despite never being in a relationship!

Hi, guys. :)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
It's so sad when AW is down.

I write romance and I've been in...3...4?...relationships. One about a year and a half, one a few months, one that was a semi-relationship because it was never official, and now I'm in sort of that unofficial place with another person even though we were official for about a month and are making plans to get married and adopt kids. Fun stuff.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ari.

I don't see why you need to have relationships to be able to write good romance.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
You don't need to have relationships to write a good romance. Plenty of people write what they don't know.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely don't need relationships for the romance thing. I mean, just because I've had them doesn't mean I even sort of draw for them for my writing (<--I really do not, lol).

Like Karla said, plenty of people write what they don't know. I certainly don't know the pain of a demon feeding on me and making me think of memories I'd rather forget, but I write that, too.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I've only ever been in one relationship, with the my first and so far only boyfriend of 4 years. Yet i write about crazy romances, and insane love triangles, having never experienced any of them.

I've also never actually experienced anything that happens in my books. All you need is imagination.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
this is my first full day moved in my new apartment. So far so good. Maybe if i keep my fingers crossed all year it will just stay this awesome!

Hows everyone else doing????

GOD i have such an urge to write but i know i shouldnt... its taring me apart!!!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
YAY the forum is back up! 'bout bloody time! I've had to occupy myself by downloading doctor who episodes. haha.
How is everyone?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I know I should be plotting, but right now I'm on FaceTime with my friend, and I don't want her to know that I'm plottin something out...

Status
Not open for further replies.