Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been like wracking my brain trying to find a function for these damn stones, and communication occurred to me. Then a split-second later, so did LotR.

Didn't really care that much. Haha.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Never underestimate the value of communication. Until very recently in human history, it was a simple fact that it takes forever to get anything anywhere. Communication now-a-days would be a GOD SEND to any fantasy kingdom.

I mean, imagine how nice it would be to have immediate warning when an army moves over your boarder, and then be able to immediately start communicating with your nobles to amass an army, then immediately know where the army is...

Frankly, magical communications is almost as imbalanced as magical medicine...

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a screenwriting book that can really apply to novels when it comes to structure? Sorry, I can't get any more specific than that...But I can't figure out what it's called. The title was an interesting screenwriting phrase from what I can remember. It was suggested to me but I don't even remember who suggested it. It's killing now! The person had some really good things to say about it, so I wanted to check it out too.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
SAVE THE CAT.

I was looking through my screenwriting notes from my class and I came across my note about the phrase "save the cat" which is the moment the audience roots for your main character. I immediately remembered that was the title.

And now I seriously question why my memory sucks this bad because I did come across that book at a Borders. I didn't look through it though. I hope it's still there! Looking up the book now, it sounds like something I definitely should pick up.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
SAVE THE CAT is good.

Also, after a long tradition of sexy girl transhumans, it's time for a sexy boy transhuman, in celebration of how awesome Deus Ex: Human Revolution was!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!

Reading up from the past few pages made it seem like it was one big reunion.

I think it's time to use the spreadsheets. :) For that idea I was talking about earlier. The one I've been working in for a long time is no where near the spreadsheets.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Full sized picture

Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Campaign-25-Hours-Long.jpg

He's the main character in a transhuman noire conspiracy thriller.

Everyone smokes.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
gah, smoking.

read Animal Farm in 45 minutes. honestly don't think I missed anything. NOW I'M TOTES SAD!

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I *hate* the smell of tobacco, but I could really care less if other people smoke. Except cigars. My dad smokes those... I can't stand the smell of them at all.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm trying to make my story un-cliche, I guess you can say, and I was thinking about killing my MC off, because that's what you never really see. But, I don't want to kill her, and I can't do a "coming back to life scene" either, because it's too Potterish, I guess.

Come on with the headache ;)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
same, taylor. mixed with asthma. well, sort of. i can't stand near anybody smoking anything, or i end up in serious asthma attacks which lead to multiple throwing ups and takes using my inhaler three or four times to get rid of. it's really, really serious.

so, no, i will never ever be with a smoker. because it could kill me.

eta: well, in percy jackson, he made himself immortal because the bad guy did, so you could have her follow in the bad guy's steps to defeat him and eventually realize she's sort of turning into him.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I had the idea of her going to the in between, as they say in The Lovely Bones (I think), and watch what would happen if she didn't return. Or what was happening. But then I realized it's too Potter as well. Sort of.

And being immortal reminds me of Tuck Everlasting. You fall in love with someone, but then watch them die... Leaving you all alone. Hah:tongue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.