Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

free_cashews_on_me

Insanium in the cranium
Registered
Reaction score
Between a rock and a hard place. Sort of cozy here
Hey, so just got back from my highschool's football game. We are the defending state champions, but we just got our asses HANDED to us. It was a beatdown. I would go into greater detail of how bad it was, but I'm sure a good majority of yall wouldn't really give a shit.

So... I also had a bit of an SNI today. Well, it's not really an SNI, it's just a concept. I actually got it from a Facebook post.

What if there were a highschool so overcrowded and clogged up that they gave traffic reports? And one student—The Overseer of Hallway Traffic—is in charge of collecting the info and telling it to the vice principal so she can announce it on the intercom. This student holds a tremendous amount of power. He can determine tardiness of students, which can singlehandedly lead to silent lunch, detention, and even suspension, which can lead to getting into crappy colleges because no school wants a thug that spends more time suspended than he does at school. So that's one POV. I'm not sure how a conflict would come up, but I think it would involve Porkchop. Porkchop is this huge junior—and I mean like 350lb—that is always clogging up the hallways with his massive waist. Porkchop is always getting heat from everyone for making them late. So, Porkchop develops this plan that involves paying off the Overseer of Hallway Traffic under the table to cook the numbers and give different info on the hallways. This could lead to the downfall of the Overseer of Hallway Traffic's reign or something like that. I don't know. I'm still trying to develop some conflict.

Of course, nothing is going to happen with it until TWWR is finished. But I like it. It's not gonna be as dark as most of my stuff and probably pretty short, but I like the raw idea. :)

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I like the raw idea too. Never heard of something like that. I'm sure whatever conflict you come up with will be good!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Hey everyone! I've yet to got to bed, I've been up all night finishing "Looking for Alaska". o_O I must say, I really enjoyed that book and will most likely be reading more books by him.

BUT NOW I NEED ANOTHER BOOK TO READ. *cries*

Anyway, I have therapy in three hours and I still have yet to go to bed. o.o;

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the long absence.
Lisa: i'm okay thanks. just very tired.
Day 2 of the fest and we're already thinking of calling it quits. Haha such wimps

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished writing this comedy story about Cinderella but with a twist and I'm going to submit it to Vestal Review Mag. *crosses fingers*. the only time I've been published in a mag is when one of my poems got published, but that's not very noteworthy.
We're also prepping for Irene. Turns out that we are just outside the evacuation zone. You?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I was outside for a bit, because it's the nicest it's been in like, forever. But, tomorrow we're supposed to be getting bad weather again. Irene is supposed to hit us around Monday or Tuesday. My swimming banquet is on Tuesday, and I don't want to miss that...

But I have a SNI. I'm in a fantasy mood, I think. It has to deal with mermaids and sea creatures. My friend was making fun of something down in the harbor, and it gave me an idea. Haha.

But, that'll be something I'll do when I'm stuck on what Tally is helping me with. :)

God love her. Heheh :)

Oh my nerves. Four more posts and I'll have one thousand of them. :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

Question: Who's played both Sims 2 and 3? If so, which one's better?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trying to decide whose POV to put the party/first meeting scene in in the third person version of Suns and Stars.

How's everyone else's writing going?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Use the one you have the most fun writing with. ;) My writing is... Fine. Stressful, but fine ;)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Use the one you have the most fun writing with. ;) My writing is... Fine. Stressful, but fine ;)

Okay, Dulcie it is then. Hopefully it'll be easier to decide the POV for each scene - if I decide to do the rest in third person - when I do the outline.

Status
Not open for further replies.