Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm...I'm trying to think why all of a sudden I'm getting so many positive responses to my queries. Just this morning I logged on to my email to find 20 more requests for a full. This is creeping me out...

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
your full of luck?

What i would give for that to happen to me! But I'm still in the beta stage...

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
WOW. Congratulations! Good Lord, how many queries did you SEND?

I'm now too afraid to ruin my streak of luck to look at my sent folder. I normally send one query to one agent every time I find myself worried about a different agent...I guess that amounts to a lot of queries since I tend to be a worrier!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
My dogs paw is getting worse :( She looks like she don't want to walk at all.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
now because of all the query talk i want to start working on mine. I just suck at queries because my first book is so... complicated.... GRRRRR!!! and every time i try to write one my whole book ends up sounding stupid and cliche, which its not.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm now too afraid to ruin my streak of luck to look at my sent folder. I normally send one query to one agent every time I find myself worried about a different agent...I guess that amounts to a lot of queries since I tend to be a worrier!

Well, given that a lot of agents take months to respond, if they ever do, you must have sent about seventeen thousand queries to get 30+ full requests in one day. :tongue

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if I'll ever get to query stage... It always seems so far away, but if I just knuckled down and finished the drafts, it could be here sooner. I guess. It's like doing a 20mile marathon. lol

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, I've had this first book written (the latest re-write) since 2008.... and am still on the beta stage!!! You cant imagine how fustrating that is!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
now because of all the query talk i want to start working on mine. I just suck at queries because my first book is so... complicated.... GRRRRR!!! and every time i try to write one my whole book ends up sounding stupid and cliche, which its not.

Several someones have said that 'good writers borrow - great writers steal'... so it's not cliche, it's something you've abducted from another great scribe

:D

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Gah! Sorry, Taylor, I was watching Blink. Yes. Reborn.

oh, hey! idea! and it makes your bad guy and MC connected. your MC isn't a soul jar-- but she has something, like a pendant or the like, that she's always had, since she can remember (but keep in mind that she can't remember everything).

When she arrives at a certain place, at a certain time-- maybe at an ancient bridge, at midnight on one of the equinoxes-- the pendant starts burning her skin, so she pulls it off. it drops to the floor, breaks, and OUT COMES THE BAD GUY'S SOUL! and it's weirdly HER FAULT, but not at the same time.

or something.

ETA: ooh, and because their souls were in such close contact for so long, they've formed a bit of a link.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Gah! Sorry, Taylor, I was watching Blink. Yes. Reborn.

oh, hey! idea! and it makes your bad guy and MC connected. your MC isn't a soul jar-- but she has something, like a pendant or the like, that she's always had, since she can remember (but keep in mind that she can't remember everything).

When she arrives at a certain place, at a certain time-- maybe at an ancient bridge, at midnight on one of the equinoxes-- the pendant starts burning her skin, so she pulls it off. it drops to the floor, breaks, and OUT COMES THE BAD GUY'S SOUL! and it's weirdly HER FAULT, but not at the same time.

or something.

Thats okay. :)

I could do something with it ;) Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.