Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE Vampire Diaries. And... Glee, despite only starting to watch it a few months ago. And they're American.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
The problem with those shows is the acting is... crap. There aren't many good programmes that have good acting anymore. Not ones aimed for YA anyway. The only good actor in Glee is the gay one and he's been fired! Like, seriously?! I only ever watched maybe 5 episodes over the seasons. But he was the only decent characters.
Not to mention they slaughter EVERY song they try to cover.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Weeds was...weird. I never could watch it. Yeah, they make crappy remakes of tv shows, and then cancel good, original stuff. Like Gossip Girl. Sure, it's "based" on the books, but that's a good series. And they take SOOOO long between seasons, it's unreal! I'm seriously having withdrawal symptoms!
As my mum always says "they come up with crappy shows, and get rid of the good stuff!" Then again, we're sort of the same. Except we keep the crappy stuff, and keep making crappy stuff. Our soaps are the worst. It's like...I can't believe East-never-enders, Coronation Shit and Emmerdull are still going! haha like my adapted names? :p teehee

EASTENDERS!!!!! Ok my mom has watched that on BBC America since she was a teenager, and that means I have ended up watching that since I was BORN! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! although were 4 years behind...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
They DO NOT slaughter the songs.

And there is nothing wrong with VD! *glares*

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
hahaha but there is! I've only read the first half of book one, but from what i saw of the first episode, it's so plastic, so glossed over, No personality behind the actors, it's painful. Sure, it's okay for people that don't care how bad the acting is or whatever, but y'know, in my own varied opinion, I hate it. And Glee might not slaughter, but they certainly don't do the songs justice. Hello... Autotune!

And I don't mean to start a war. My view might seem strong, but that's only because I'm so against VD. Just like people might not like Twilight, I don't hold it against them. Cos yeah, Twilight isn't the greatest. The books are better.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Firefly is a well-acted American tv show.

Of course it got cancelled 'cause Fox is evil.

But hey.

I like Bones too. Some pretty good acting going on there.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with you Kat, i dont like Glee either, but that's because i hate musicals... even some disney movies with too many singing parts PISS ME OFF!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Twilight is just plain awful in my opinion. And VD is incredibly engaging!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Firefly is a well-acted American tv show.

Of course it got cancelled 'cause Fox is evil.

But hey.

I like Bones too. Some pretty good acting going on there.

Bones = Awesome... end of story!

Other good shows:
Lost (until the ending which sucked)
law and order SVU
Psych
Monk
Weeds
Big Love
Dexter
US of Tara
Nurse Jackie
Falling Skies
Eureka
How i met your mother
King of Queens
and many more

Clearly i watch WAY too much tv...

And what is VD???

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'll agree Twilight acting was bad. I'm not gonna lie and say it was amazing.

I loved Firefly!

And Aly, I love Musicals. But musicals where the music is ORIGINAL! High School Musical, Grease, Mary Poppins, etcetc.
Where there's covers, there's room for disaster. And Glee succeed in that department. :) If you're good enough, you shouldn't need Auto-Tune for a musical show.

VD is Vampire Diaries. Or Vampire Dire as I refer to it. lol
All those shows you mentioned, Ally, are good. Those are acceptable. I love How I Met Your Mother. Oh and Big Bang Theory = pure genius!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I lived on Mary Poppins when I was younger. Apparently I watched it so much my brothers were like "I'm never watching that again!" haha

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Best shows ever: George Lopez, Fresh Prince, The Nanny, and Everybody Hates Chris.

Problem solved!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i just have a thing against musicals, always hated them since i was little.

My friends started calling me the Anti-Christ because of all the thing i hate... including Harry Potter, The Beatles, Dr. Suess, Musicals, Rap music and a bunch of other stuff.

Before someone sends in the mob to kill me, i cant help it, i've always had an undying passion for these things ever since i was little, for really no explainable reason other then they make me very angry inside.

Like with the beatles, my boyfriend is like there biggest fan, and tested me on this fact and thinks its just the weirdest thing in the world. He for one week randomly played Beatles songs (Me and my mom never listened to them so i dont know any of there songs) but every single time he put one on i got really pissed off and screamed at him to turn it off, only to find it was the beatles later. I was right 99% of the time.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Fresh Prince is being repeated on Viva channel. So good. I loved that show, still do, but don't watch it quite as much.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Karla! Hows it going?

It's going!

I started watching Weeds. Though I want to start at Season 1. And I love watching The Nanny late-night reruns. AWESOME show. And Fresh Prince was one of my fave shows when I was younger :D I don't think I'll get into Glee, but I'm thinking about starting DW. We'll see.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Ally: YOU HATE THE BEATLES??? *throws stuff*

ETA: Also, I am watching TV now. :)

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's always everyone reaction. Then i add in i hate harry potter and i get the name the Anti-Christ...

But yes i hate the beatles with the most undying passion you will never be able to understand. Its just a biological hatred for them and there music. I have a thing against Hippies, always have. You know Eric Cartman from South Park? Well i'm worst then him when it comes to hippies.

One of the main topics me and my boyfriend fight about is my hatred for the beatles and hippies (because he is half one, although i'm working my ass off to kill that part of him) His argument is that The beatles are the ones who started Rock music, mine, are they are the kings of hippie.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with your boyfriend on this one.

My feet are cold. :(

Also, am I the only one that thinks TV and films are good for names?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I meant the people on the programmes, or the crew, you daft girl! :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.