Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I hate Kindles because I hate Amazon. With the passion of a thousand suns.

I have a Kobo, but so far I've only ever used it to read ARCs and I've continued buying paper books.

ETA: There is no reason to be ashamed for listening to Taylor Swift! Especially for a date scene.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I used to like Taylor Swift, but now she's sort of gone from country to pop, and her voice drives me now. It's.. Gah.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Mine, You belong to me, our song, love story, mary's song (which fits sooooo perfectly with my second gen characters... which are the characters i'm writing about now, kids... weird story.)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah, which song, Ally?

I have to sort a little thing out before I can carry on writing.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
also "burn pictures burn", is a good one.

Yeah i hate writing romance scenes because my books are more filled with action, murder, chasing, fighting, and i feel love side notes get in the way... but I have to get my readers to fall as madly in love with Rob as Ally does, that way I can crush everyones hearts in 2 books!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have to do my Music Monday blog post soon, but I dunno what song to choose. I know which album the song's going to be from.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I am staring at a blank word document.

Nothing is coming to me.

:(

ETA: Yay for crushing hearts !

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
also "burn pictures burn", is a good one.

Yeah i hate writing romance scenes because my books are more filled with action, murder, chasing, fighting, and i feel love side notes get in the way... but I have to get my readers to fall as madly in love with Rob as Ally does, that way I can crush everyones hearts in 2 books!

You mean 'Picture to Burn'? lolz

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah because i decided to add in romance to my series, I decided for every moment of joy my characters have because of it, a life time of agony will follow.

Now i'm debating how i will explain what happens between Rob and Ally... at first i thought it would be cool to just leave it all a mystery and then it would unravel during the Second Generation (the series involving there kids) but for Ally and Rob to be engaged at the end of one book then magically broken up at the beginning of the next with no explanation, is probably really going to piss off the reader... Right?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully Wizard 101 will bring me inspiration for plotting.

... My sister introduced me to it, okay?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah because i decided to add in romance to my series, I decided for every moment of joy my characters have because of it, a life time of agony will follow.

Now i'm debating how i will explain what happens between Rob and Ally... at first i thought it would be cool to just leave it all a mystery and then it would unravel during the Second Generation (the series involving there kids) but for Ally and Rob to be engaged at the end of one book then magically broken up at the beginning of the next with no explanation, is probably really going to piss off the reader... Right?

Yes. I would be extremely pissed unless an explanation was soon to come.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hummm.... maybe i'll end the 10 and or 11th (not sure if the 11th will be in this series) with Rob breaking up with Ally, but not tell about the whole reason why/baby incident till much later on.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
how many people are really going to fall for that though?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
AAW (Or was it Kat? I forgot...) - Life is okay. Writing is nonexistent. Well...I am tweaking what I've written so far from TFL. I changed a couple things and realized some descriptions were wrong (of a real setting) so that's why I'm not writing at the moment.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
AAW (Or was it Kat? I forgot...) - Life is okay. Writing is nonexistent. Well...I am tweaking what I've written so far from TFL. I changed a couple things and realized some descriptions were wrong (of a real setting) so that's why I'm not writing at the moment.

You can call me Kat. I don't mind. :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Baby incident?

This is going to be long sorry... but well Margo asked...

Ally and Rob have had hidden crushes on eachother for 7 years before they finally start going out, and once that finally happens things start moving fast, and after only a year going out Rob proposes...

Ally is a Freak, and a lot of bad shit happen to her, and her other freak friends and all of the people they are close to because the fact they are freaks. Rob isnt a freak but his sister Ally's best friend is. Rob is used to the crazy shit that happens to the Freaks and now him, but after he is caught right in the middle of two horrible incidents he starts to realize that Ally is risking her life way too much to save his ass. After she nearly dies saving him from creatures in one of the books he and starts to worry that one day he might be responsible for her death.

So feeling like not being with the love of his life will ultimitly save her from a tragic end, he breaks up with her suddenly leaving both of them heart broken beyond belief. Because he is heart broken to ease his pain he goes out to a bar and ends up really really really drunk. Next morning he finds himself in a strange girls bed. That moment of clarity hits him that he feels horrible and could never be with anyone else and the next day comes running to Ally for forgivness... but she is way to confused and hurt to take him back...

For a month they dont talk, until finally Rob pretty much breaks into her house to talk to her, and they talk and they make up and the engagment is back on, but that very same day while with Ally, Rob gets a call from a stranger, a girl, who tells him she is pregnant from the one night drunken stand they had....

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!! Now Ally (only 20) panics... she never had a father either, and doesnt really know what to do. She loves Rob more then anyone in her life, but now having to deal with baby mamma drama, or having a step kid this early scares the living shit out of her, and she ultimately ends everything, and all contact with the love of her life telling him to do the right thing for his future kid.

Thing is though Rob is still madly in love with Ally, and Ally with him. But now because of the worst luck in the word they just cant be together. Ally eventally finds someone else (her first boyfriend) and marries him and raises two great kids, but Rob well his life ends up more tragic, he decides to marry this girl he got pregnant and at first there happy, but well she is a B*&^% and when they have there thrid child they find out that child is a Freak... and the mother ends up wanting to get rid of the kid and is scared of her and so to save his youngest daughter he devorces the crazed woman and has to raise his youngest alone, and lives in misary for the rest of his life having to pretty much see Ally every day (there daughters are bffs) and he still loves her...

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
PublishAmerica is running a thing where for $50 they'll show your work to Rowling. *sighs* *bangs head repeatedly against desk*

Those people = Doom with a capital D. *grumbles*

ETA And I second what HR said. You'd be really surprised how many people would fall for something like that. I mean, hundreds (of thousdands, probably) of people fall for it when they say they're a real publisher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.